Apple Watch series 1

luv4u859

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Quick question about it. I know the series 2 has GPS but my question is does the series 1 have gps if I bring my phone with me?

I only occasionally do outdoor walks or cycling but I am thinking of getting a bike to ride on trails.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As long as you have your iPhone with you then the Watch can use its location services feature.

luv4u859

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I can not make a decision to save my life lol. I want the Watch and I know I'll use it but I also second guess if I'll really use it.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I went with series 2. Not that I'm much of a swimmer, but I do plan on using it for workouts. The waterproofing makes me feel more comfortable wearing it to work. I work in a general surgery office so I want to make sure whatever nasty I get on there I can thoroughly wash off without being worried. To me the extra $100 was worth it. And who knows maybe by the summer I'll be into swimming for fitness.

luv4u859

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I went with series 2. Not that I'm much of a swimmer, but I do plan on using it for workouts. The waterproofing makes me feel more comfortable wearing it to work. I work in a general surgery office so I want to make sure whatever nasty I get on there I can thoroughly wash off without being worried. To me the extra $100 was worth it. And who knows maybe by the summer I'll be into swimming for fitness.

I think that's another thing I'm thinking off. I have a pool at the gym I've been a member at for 2 or 3 years now and I haven't swam yet but I do want to. I am also a preschool teacher and I wash my hands a lot and my hands get wet when washing them so I kinda was debating getting the s2.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I think the Apple Watch (aka Gen0, Original) does just fine with constant, frequent hand washing, so it or the Series 1 would be fine. A dip in the pool is another story.

luv4u859

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
e9d91f65f0777f310da6866bca09aa7d.jpg

Got it today

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Congrats - it's a beaut! :)

Since you were kind of on the fence about getting it, maybe you'll feel less buyer's remorse knowing there is a return policy.

luv4u859

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Congrats - it's a beaut! :)

Since you were kind of on the fence about getting it, maybe you'll feel less buyer's remorse knowing there is a return policy.

Yeah it makes me feel better. I got it from target so I have until November 16th but I am loving it so I think it's a keeper.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Got it today

Nice! Set up all the features and tune them to your liking, you'll likely find it addictive. Just the notifications alone make it a very near Must Have for me. Responding to texts pushed it over the top, especially after customized a few responses.

Everything else was/is just gravy. Or Frosting. Something that I didn't expect to be very useful is the ability to make and answer phone calls. It has happened enough that I get a call and am away from my phone. I can do a quick 'Hold on...' and not miss a call. Or realize there's no rush and just ignore it for the moment.

Notifications from certain apps make it very handy. And Maps! When using Maps, the Watch gives you a Taptic response just before each new instruction even if you're using the phone too. And if you're on walkabout, you don't need to pull your phone out to get the next direction,

Let us know if you keep it or return it. If the latter, it would be interesting to know why it didn't work out for you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods