Is it worth buying 1Gen at $200?

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Individual who promised to transfer the warranty. He made good on his promise, but check their feedback before bidding. I saw steel watch purchased in July selling at a $300 loss. Good deal for someone.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
OS 3 is a game changer for sure. My Series 0 feels brand new

If I happened to find a pristine Silver Sport Watch for $200, I'd be all over it. For my use, an S1 has no advantage and I have no need for another S2. (Ok, the Nike+ is calling my name...)

While wOS2.2 was slow, it was adequate. But wOS3 woke it up and transformed it.

hari4u

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I have a question though, to what extent is the series 0 watch water resistant? I mean does it survive quite a few plunges? Asking this coz I've also got quite a confusion between series 0 and 1.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I mean does it survive quite a few plunges?

First, both the Apple Watch (which some call Series 0) and the Apple Watch Series 1 have the same water resistance— showering and splash are ok. Submerging is not.

Well, it's rated at a waterproofing level of IPX7, which is submerged in 1m of water for 30min. So no plunges, unless you're feeling lucky. Well, are ya... LOL

Many people report that they shower with their Apple Watches, no worries. The same would apply to the Series 1. The Series 2 gets to go from the wading pool to the swimming pool. The deep end and beyond, down to 50M. I don't think I'd take it anywhere near that deep, but a lot of people swim with them.