Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

Default Battery Life

I just bought a S1 42mm Apple Watch yesterday and the battery seems to be draining extremely quickly. Within 10 hours, it has gone from a full charge to 46%. This is while sitting at my desk at work all day. Is this normal battery use?
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Battery Life

This is an answer I would love to see as well because I'm not sure of hrs or battery percentage I had left but I felt like my Watch drained kinda fast

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotmeitsyou View Post
    I just bought a S1 42mm Apple Watch yesterday and the battery seems to be draining extremely quickly. Within 10 hours, it has gone from a full charge to 46%. This is while sitting at my desk at work all day. Is this normal battery use?
    No, that is not normal usage in my experience, and I've had my watch for almost a year and a half. After 9 hours today, I'm at 79%, and that's with getting email, text, Slack and sports-related alerts throughout the day. I recommend you go through each setting and make adjustments based on your needs. Also, if you have a good deal of apps installed in your watch, remove the ones you're not going to use.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    No, that is not normal usage in my experience, and I've had my watch for almost a year and a half. After 9 hours today, I'm at 79%, and that's with getting email, text, Slack and sports-related alerts throughout the day. I recommend you go through each setting and make adjustments based on your needs. Also, if you have a good deal of apps installed in your watch, remove the ones you're not going to use.
    That's what I don't understand, I've only downloaded 2 3rd part apps--Google Maps and a calculator. My brightness is also at the minimum. I haven't used my watch for anything today except checking notifications and responding to a few texts.

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotmeitsyou View Post
    That's what I don't understand, I've only downloaded 2 3rd part apps--Google Maps and a calculator. My brightness is also at the minimum. I haven't used my watch for anything today except checking notifications and responding to a few texts.
    Unless it's struggling to maintain a connection with your iPhone or Wi-Fi or you've downloaded a dedicated Watch app that's constantly phoning home or something, you shouldn't be losing that much battery power in that period of time, in my opinion.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    Unless it's struggling to maintain a connection with your iPhone or Wi-Fi or you've downloaded a dedicated Watch app that's constantly phoning home or something, you shouldn't be losing that much battery power in that period of time, in my opinion.
    Thanks. I'll give it a few charge cycles to see if it improves. If not, I'll have Apple take a look at it.
    iMore Newbie

Really interested to hear your results. I have been curious about the series 1's battery life.
    iMore Newbie

Battery Life-imoreappimg_20161014_232732.jpg
    I just got a Series 1 38mm watch, and I'm pretty happy with the battery life.
    iMore Newbie

Do you use it for works outs and notifications throughout the day?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

Mine drained quite a bit tonight. Not sure how to tell what used the most power
    iMore Newbie

The battery life on my Apple Watch 1st Gen running OS3 isn't as great as OS2.x, but it still gets through a day after 45 minutes-60 minutes workout (usually 20% left at around 11:30pm).