Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,999 Global Posts

Default Re: Is the Apple Watch worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Looking for that to be able to upgrade my Mini 1 to Mini 4 for a good deal
    Same here. My iPad mini 1 couldn't update to iOS 10 & it's kinda buggin me lol. I will be looking for a certified refurb from Apple as well for a wifi mini 3 or 4.

I get way more value day-to-day out of my watch than I do my iPad (but I do have a MBP too). To me it has more utility. @Devhux you did the right thing IMO.
    Omg same here. I really don't know how I managed without my watch prior to having it ! I feel kinda lost when it has to take an hour down to charge....my phone will alert me to a text, email, whatever, and I look at my wrist like why didn't my watch go off lmao then I realize OH! It's charging !!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Guy View Post
    There'll likely be new iPads announced this month- iPad Air 3/Pro, iPad Mini 5/Pro (all rumors of course) unless you're wanting to wait until the next go round, next year. It does cut the wallet or plastic some slack.
    I've heard not until the Spring, and that's what I was basing things on. Otherwise I'll probably get an iPad around Christmas or so.
    iMore Pro

I just got my S2 today, and may were it solely, for a couple of weeks, then switch back to see if I notice any lag with my Watches. That might be more telling. I have no immediate plans for the GPS, but that can change.

I'd like a Space Black Stainless Steel but it's only available as an S2, it'll be awhile before I consider another Watch. If it could be had as an S1, it would definitely be in the mix. This leaves me an excuse to get a Tier 2 band or two- the Brown Classic Buckle, and maybe a Black Milanese Loop.
    iMore Newbie

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    Same here. My iPad mini 1 couldn't update to iOS 10 & it's kinda buggin me lol. I will be looking for a certified refurb from Apple as well for a wifi mini 3 or 4.
    iOS 10 would be nice but I just want Touch ID!
    Mac Guy likes this.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    iOS 10 would be nice but I just want Touch ID!
    This is EXACTLY why I want a new Mini. TID is awesome. I keep waiting for my current Mini to unlock, like my phone and iPad Air 2. Unity now!
    robertk328 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcuprof View Post
    You're looking at this all wrong. You should get a new Apple Watch BECAUSE you bought a new iPhone and a new iPad. It's important to keep all your Apple products on the same purchase cycle. Otherwise knowing when to upgrade becomes a burden.
    I like the way you think!!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

I purchased a Snickers bar at my local grocery store today with my apple watch. My first time using Apple Pay. Another good reason why Apple Watch is worth it for me.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,999 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diggity View Post
    I purchased a Snickers bar at my local grocery store today with my apple watch. My first time using Apple Pay. Another good reason why Apple Watch is worth it for me.
    I. Love. Apple Pay !!
    Mac Guy likes this.
    iMore Pro

I. Love. Apple Pay !!
    Me too! I used it recently, and over a year and a half later, people are still amazed when I used it. Everybody seems to be used to having customers pay with phones, but not with our Watches. I can't use my 5s but I can use the Watch without the phone. I Love Apple Pay.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,999 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Guy View Post
    Me too! I used it recently, and over a year and a half later, people are still amazed when I used it. Everybody seems to be used to having customers pay with phones, but not with our Watches. I can't use my 5s but I can use the Watch without the phone. I Love Apple Pay.
    Yes ! When I use it, I get people saying "oh wow that's cool" or "omg your paying off of a watch"
    iMore Intermediate

I. Love. Apple Pay !!
    I think the first time I tried a Pei Wei was because they had sign that said they took Apple Pay.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tcuprof View Post
    I think the first time I tried a Pei Wei was because they had sign that said they took Apple Pay.
    That'd get my attention. If I left right now I cold be to the closest Pei Wei in about 5hr45min (traffic is light). Or SFO to LAX to Pei Wei in 1hr45min. A ways to go for Chinese.
    iMore Nanite

I don't do any fitness tracking at all. I could careless about the fitness aspects of the watch and yet, I found it extremely useful just for received texts alone. I can receive and send back messages without ever reaching for the phone...if you wear watches than the Apple Watch is worth 299 even if you just want it to tell time..after all most people spent much more than that years ago and all it did was tell time..
    RobertP1 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

One thing that I have found about the Apple Watch is that there are a million things that it can do, but most people are going to try to use just a handful of them. The features that you do use most people will love and come to rely on.

For me it is messages first. I absolutely love getting and sending messages via the watch. It really works the way messages should be. Short and right to the point. Now with the newest update, you can send many more types of cute messages making it that much better.

The activity tracker is also something that I rely on. I love counting my step and getting that reminder to "stand-up" every hour if I don't. When I go for a run or hike, I can track my progress easily and very clearly.

I think that the battery is also very good. I charge it next to my bed every night and it usually has about 40% left. There have been a few days that I have run it down to almost empty but have never been stuck with a dead watch. It also charges quickly. If I forget to charge it and I notice it when I wake up, I throw it on the charger while I shower and shave and by the time I am done and have my coffee, I am good to go for the day.

Also, with so many bands to choose from, you can switch from a rubber band for exercise to a leather band for going out at night, to something totally different for work. Amazon has tons of bands for VERY short money. Some you couldn't tell the difference from the originals and some are kind of cheap, but for the price, it is worth the shot.

When I need my Apple fix, I will treat myself to a new band from the Apple store. My watch is a very engrained to my life now and couldn't see myself moving to a different brand. I have the original version and have had it since launch
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

I find myself using it for Siri all the time. I naturally defaulted to Google search on my iPhone, but I absolutely love having an assistant on my wrist. I just tell my Watch to send a message, call someone, calculate something, set an alarm/reminder... you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotmeitsyou View Post
    I find myself using it for Siri all the time. I naturally defaulted to Google search on my iPhone, but I absolutely love having an assistant on my wrist. I just tell my Watch to send a message, call someone, calculate something, set an alarm/reminder... you get the idea.
    Big time. "Set a timer for 15 minutes" without taking out the phone is great
    iMore Nanite

I'm starting to get into fitness especially running and swimming and from all your comments I've read, you guys finally convinced me to go ahead finally and get the Apple Watch S2 in black. Thanks.
    RobertP1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lelo626 View Post
    I'm starting to get into fitness especially running and swimming and from all your comments I've read, you guys finally convinced me to go ahead finally and get the Apple Watch S2 in black. Thanks.
    Good to hear. Enjoy your new Apple Watch and be sure to come back and let us know how you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by lelo626 View Post
    Awesome! Enjoy your watch
    Be sure to post a photo of it in the "Show off your Apple Watch" thread:

http://forums.imore.com/apple-watch/...-new-post.html
    iMore Newbie

I bought the series 0 sport when it came out and recently sidegraded to the series 0 steel. I rely on my watch when I am on the go for messaging, navigating and controlling podcast playback. I also really appreciate that it is perhaps the best activity tracker around.

But, the more you sit at a desk, the less useful the Apple Watch is. It's best for people in the go!
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvosburg View Post
    But, the more you sit at a desk, the less useful the Apple Watch is.
    Even then it's still handy to remind you to get up off...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvosburg View Post
    But, the more you sit at a desk, the less useful the Apple Watch is. It's best for people in the go!
    I sit at a desk and it's still helpful.

• Personal emails that don't go to my work email
    • Logging water
    • Quick glance at the weather
    • Quick glance at up-coming appointments

There are others but that's a start
    iMore Nanite

I got the series 1 about 2 or 3 weeks ago.. AND I LOVE IT. And I sit at a desk at work. I've noticed I don't even use my phone as much. By the end of my 12 hr day, my phone no less than 60%. Got a few different accessories n all. Just love the watch.
    Just_Me_D likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sayred504 View Post
    I got the series 1 about 2 or 3 weeks ago.. AND I LOVE IT. And I sit at a desk at work. I've noticed I don't even use my phone as much. By the end of my 12 hr day, my phone no less than 60%. Got a few different accessories n all. Just love the watch.
    I've been saying that since getting my Watch almost a year and a half ago. I rarely have to take out my iPhone to view text or email messages and alerts. In that respect, the Watch is priceless, in my opinion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast