Stainless steel silver or stainless steel black

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the original Apple Watch in stainless steel silver that I liked a lot. Thought it went well with my silver iPhone.

Then I ordered the matte black iPhone and decided maybe I should get a watch to match. For some reason I am starting to get more attached to a darker phone. Same with car wheels and appliances as opposed to the chrome.

I'm torn between the stainless steel silver and black. I like the shine of the silver but the black is also surprisingly attractive.

Which one sells more? Which one is more neutral and has better band options? What does the space black stainless steel watch go with?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Ultimately you will need to make the decision. I can not tell you which sells better, the black or silver and I think only Apple knows that. What I can tell you is that both colours are neutral and either will go with anything. I have a Stainless Steel in silver. I have a Jet Black phone and they look great together. I do not care if it matches my phone as I never keep them side by side anyways.

Go to an  Store and see them side by side. This will help you make your decision. Do not look to others to make the choice for you. You make the decision and that way you won't regret your choice.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Go to an  Store and see them side by side. This will help you make your decision. Do not look to others to make the choice for you. You make the decision and that way you won't regret your choice.

This is really good advice. Like the OP, I just couldn't decide between silver and black nor between 38 and 42. I put each of them on my wrist for about 5 minutes and was absolutely convinced. Seeing them in person and trying them on was the best and easiest way to decide.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I also was confused as last year I had the Stainless Steel Silver and wanted to get the stainless steel black this year. I finally decided on getting the Stainless Steel Silver because:
1) I still had my Original Apple Steel milanese Loop and Original Apple link bracelet (So I can save money)
2) Less band options with the stainless steel black
3) black may look good for my business but not so much on my casual look in the weekends when I will be enjoying the watch more.

It is a personal choice. You have to see what will suit your taste more. I got the 42mm model like last year. Want the bigger screen.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
This is really good advice. Like the OP, I just couldn't decide between silver and black nor between 38 and 42. I put each of them on my wrist for about 5 minutes and was absolutely convinced. Seeing them in person and trying them on was the best and easiest way to decide.

Sooo...what color did you buy?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I was at my Apple Store yesterday looking at all the goodies.

The Stainless Steel Watch with the Leather Classic Buckle is my favorite, so I'll get the band for my Stainless. The Ceramic was really great looking. I've never seen another white ceramic Watch so I don't know how it compares but I LIKE IT!

The Stainless Link bracelet looks more polished than when I first saw it over a year ago. Lastly, I wouldn't mind having a Space Black Watch with a black Milanese band. The Silver Aluminum looks nice, too.