Apple Watch screen randomly won't turn on

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
In the last 2-3 days, my Apple Watch (series 0) screen has randomly gone black and refuse to turn on 2 times. Have had plenty of charge on the battery, so that's not the issue. The watch just refuses to wake up and won't respond to anything except a force restart. Really weird. I'm on os3. I haven't don't anything to the watch or changed settings.

Any ideas what may be causing this? The first time it happened, I was on my way to work and had literally just glanced at the AW to see what time it was and 2 min later when I was at work and looked at the watch again to see where my meeting was, the screen wouldn't turn on. The second time, it had been sitting idle for several minutes and I wanted to see what time it was and nothing.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me also with my 1st series  Watch on a few occasions. When that happens I just simply press the crown or the power tab on the side to get the watch back up and awake. What's causing it? No idea but this is something present since updating to watch OS3.

I know, probably a whole reset may resolve it but I don't feel like going through all of that. It doesn't happen often enough to annoy me .....yet lol.

Dorval

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
My series 0 has been doing that as well ! Also been rebooting by itself a few times a week . Apple Store has sent it out for repairs or replacement . Strange they don't have replacements in store like they do with iPhones ! Wonder if I will get a series 1 back !

Jeff0575

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Same thing here. Apple 800 number told me I could get replacement if I wanted to put the cost of new Watch on credit card until they get old one back.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Same thing here. Apple 800 number told me I could get replacement if I wanted to put the cost of new Watch on credit card until they get old one back.

I might have to look into that. Anyone know if this is only happening with series 0 watches?