Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eyecrispy
  • 1 Post By ThePinkChameleon
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Apple Watch screen randomly won't turn on

In the last 2-3 days, my Apple Watch (series 0) screen has randomly gone black and refuse to turn on 2 times. Have had plenty of charge on the battery, so that's not the issue. The watch just refuses to wake up and won't respond to anything except a force restart. Really weird. I'm on os3. I haven't don't anything to the watch or changed settings.

Any ideas what may be causing this? The first time it happened, I was on my way to work and had literally just glanced at the AW to see what time it was and 2 min later when I was at work and looked at the watch again to see where my meeting was, the screen wouldn't turn on. The second time, it had been sitting idle for several minutes and I wanted to see what time it was and nothing.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,071 Global Posts

Default Apple Watch screen randomly won't turn on

This has happened to me also with my 1st series  Watch on a few occasions. When that happens I just simply press the crown or the power tab on the side to get the watch back up and awake. What's causing it? No idea but this is something present since updating to watch OS3.

I know, probably a whole reset may resolve it but I don't feel like going through all of that. It doesn't happen often enough to annoy me .....yet lol.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Apple Watch screen randomly won't turn on

My series 0 has been doing that as well ! Also been rebooting by itself a few times a week . Apple Store has sent it out for repairs or replacement . Strange they don't have replacements in store like they do with iPhones ! Wonder if I will get a series 1 back !
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Same thing here. Apple 800 number told me I could get replacement if I wanted to put the cost of new Watch on credit card until they get old one back.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Was not given any other options.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff0575 View Post
    Same thing here. Apple 800 number told me I could get replacement if I wanted to put the cost of new Watch on credit card until they get old one back.
    I might have to look into that. Anyone know if this is only happening with series 0 watches?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

With my Apple care Apple said they would finically send me a box to send me another 1st gen Watch
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Got the replacement and it was the same as before 1st gen. Finially after the sent me a box.