Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Can't change brightness on Apple Watch

Just noticed that the display doesn't seem as bright as it did before the OS 3 update. I'm using one of the new watch faces and that's where I noticed it first. I've gone into the watch app on my iPhone and moved the slider to change the brightness. It doesn't matter if it's on the lowest or highest setting - nothing changes. Am I doing something wrong??

Default Re: Can't change brightness on Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by edswife1970 View Post
    Just noticed that the display doesn't seem as bright as it did before the OS 3 update. I'm using one of the new watch faces and that's where I noticed it first. I've gone into the watch app on my iPhone and moved the slider to change the brightness. It doesn't matter if it's on the lowest or highest setting - nothing changes. Am I doing something wrong??
    I doubt it. It is possible that you may simply need to reset the Watch or erase all contents and settings and then set it up again.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    iMore Expert

Since you can set the brightness in Settings on either the Watch or the phone, I'd restart the Watch first. If that didn't work, I'd restart the phone.

If that didn't work, I'd restore the Watch. Then maybe the phone (last resort).

You may already know that the Watch has only three brightness settings- basically low, medium, and high. When I tried moving the slider by halves, it didn't budge. Only when my finger got to one of the three positions, did the slider move, and then only to that position.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

There was no change when I used the Watch app on my phone but when I use the settings on my watch I could see a difference. I still don't think it's bright enough but oh well. Guess that's a good reason to buy a new one, right??
    iMore Expert

Quote Originally Posted by edswife1970 View Post
    Guess that's a good reason to buy a new one, right??
    I think it's practically a mandate!