Apple Watch 3.0

FlashFan207

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Spectacular! Thank you! I tried it and found you press and hold the crown until it closes the app. Very awesome, thank you for that tip... even though I probably should have been able to figure that one out.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I tried it and found you press and hold the crown until it closes the app.

I should have mentioned that but it's been quick enough for me that I don't really think of it as part of the process.

even though I probably should have been able to figure that one

No doubt, but it's not quite as intuitive as a lot of other bits of the OS. Apple may have published it somewhere but even in the prior OSs it was an oft asked question. Apple isn't shy about changing the UI when they feel it warranted and not always mentioning the change.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hold the side button just as before, but instead of clicking it again, at that point you press the crown.

I was trying this out last night and I accidentally called 911 I tried to cancel it but was too late. Next thing I know the dispatcher in town was calling me back luckily I knew who it was, and explained to him about trying to figure out a feature on my  watch. He started laughing and said that happened last week with someone else in town for the same reason ! Lol

I've now disabled the push and hold SOS feature so I don't do that again ! OMG how embarrassing lol

Long story short- I finally figured out the quit app function.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
fun fact:

If you reset all settings by selecting Settings > General > Reset All Settings, the Emergency SOS settings on the watch revert to default (Hold to Auto Call ON) and your emergency contacts get removed.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro