Apple Watch 3.0

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Ive got to wait til I get home from work to hook mine to the charger...or so it says, before I can load. I'd like to hear from others as to what's new and what to expect! :biggrin:

Question: If my phone is 95% charged...do I still need to hook it to it's charger?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
1. It's much faster *** reported before.

And 2. Complications are better.

To me it felt like a whole new watch out of the box!.

andrwstw

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
What a great update! Feels like a brand new watch.

But, time travel isn't working for me. Was this feature dropped?

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Trying to update now. My phone originally said 6 hours remaining. 5 minutes later it says 2 hours. Hopefully this can be completed within an hour before I leave work.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
this is about the WatchOS.

So is my response. I'm not the one confused.

While on some iOS 10 beta, I deleted the iOS beta profile from my phone so as to get the Official 10.0 iOS today, and I did.

I also deleted the watchOS beta profile hoping to do the same thing- get the Official wOS 3 Update. Apparently I got the GM for wOS 3 as checking Software Update via the WatchApp, it says my Watches are up to day with watchOS 3.0 and doesn't show the Update badge on the settings icon. Restarting both the phone and Watches gave the same message. So I didn't get to do on the Watches what I did on the phone.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry what I meant was I'm on iOS 10 Public Beta GM on my iPhone, but I don't see any update for my Watch which is still on 2.2.1

Got it. Thanks. Restart your watch and phone and try again. It should be there. Make sure your watch has more than 50% charge.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
3.0 is a big improvement over 2.0...

True, but I'm almost disappointed. I've been on the 3.0 beta since b3 and and am pretty used to it, so the big Official release a big deal for me. Ok, Find my Apple Watch is a surprise. (Please don't tell me it was available in the betas!) But yeah, it's a big improvement over 2.anything.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
OMG...this is the slowest loading OS update I've ever seen!!! 😴💤

I'm looking forward to it, but it's brutally slow!

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
So is my response. I'm not the one confused.

While on some iOS 10 beta, I deleted the iOS beta profile from my phone so as to get the Official 10.0 iOS today, and I did.

I also deleted the watchOS beta profile hoping to do the same thing- get the Official wOS 3 Update. Apparently I got the GM for wOS 3 as checking Software Update via the WatchApp, it says my Watches are up to day with watchOS 3.0 and doesn't show the Update badge on the settings icon. Restarting both the phone and Watches gave the same message. So I didn't get to do on the Watches what I did on the phone.

I get ya now. I thought the GM release was just the full public release that beta testers got a week or so early as a thank you for the testing.

I was only on the public beta so could only do my iPhone, I got the GM last week.

By that reasoning there would be no new update/difference from yesterday's releases.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox