Best Buy pre-order

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So, did anyone pre-order their Watch 2 from Best Buy? Only reason I did was because I had $435 in Gift Cards from my job. I only had to pay $2 and change out of pocket. :)

I got the Watch Series 2 42mm in Space Gray aluminum w/ Black Nylon Woven band. When I preordered shortly after 3am, it said "get it by 9/16". However...it has been fluctuating since from "coming soon" to "sold out" and I've even seen it say "is not available for shipment to your area". So, I'm hoping I really do get it on release and they don't have any delay or stock issues.

I ordered the Series 1 in Rose Gold for my Wife from the Apple Store and it says deliver by the 16th.

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Yep! It took them a while to get them listed. But when I searched after 3am EST, I had to scroll all the way to the bottom (past all the old models) to get to the new ones for pre-order. But they were there and still listed. :)

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered one of my two watches from Best Buy. Said avail the 16 but I didn't get the order in until about 12:30a pst. Hoping it's coming release day. Ended up ordering a second watch for my girlfriend but grabbed that one on the apple site about 10 mins later to use my corporate discount on hers. That one isn't coming for about two weeks after release.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Ordered the gray aluminum with black nylon strap and it said I would receive it on the 16th. I spoke to a BB customer service rep today and he said it should ship out today with 2 day shipping and I'll still get it Friday. The order status hasn't updated yet so hoping it will at some point tonight.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Just got an email from BB saying it's been delayed until 9/28. Oh well. Looks like I won't be getting it tomorrow

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Same here! At least it affected all of us and they gave us a $50 credit. Free game for me! Lol.

When I ordered it with Apple after pre-orders opened up, I noticed it said the delivery date was the 26-28th and it was at 3:15am. I had to cancel it because I entered the wrong security code on my card and they couldn't update it. Seen Best Buy had the 16th quoted, so I just got it there with my gift cards. So, the two week wait isn't so bad - I would have had the delay with Apple as well. :)

Roosevelt Vital

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Same email here as well. Also got the $50 code. I am kind of mad however because I will be going TDY for work and won't be anywhere around on the 28th. Now my watch will have to be retrieved sometime the first week or second week of October assuming UPS or FEDEX doesn't return it before then.

I pre-ordered the 42mm Space Black Stainless Apple Watch 2 BSB. I may try my luck Friday morning at my local Apple Store when I go an retrieve my 7 Plus Black 256GB.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Just got the email too. Delayed but they gave me $50 gift card so all isn't bad.

That's a really nice 'Sorry'! I'd wait if it meant a $50 gift card. It's like getting a credit for giving up your seat on a plane and taking the next flight. Unless you really have to get somewhere.

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone gotten any updates on their Watch status yet through Best Buy? The wait is killing me! Lol. Wonder if it ships ON the 28th or if it will be delivered on the 28th? I don't think they specified...

I know when I ordered it with Apple, just after pre-orders started, it said "delivers by 9/26-9/28...so regardless, I'm sure I would have had to wait. I just went with Best Buy since they had a date of the 16th (and I had $435 in gift cards haha)...but I'm thinking Apple had the right date all along...

Anyway, I'm debating on getting the Apple Care for the Watch 2 or not...I just can't decide. I know it adds an extra year to the existing plan and covers 2 incidents of damage replacements. I remember my first Watch...I had issues with the Digital Crown rotation getting stuck and had to replace it. The other one started doing it too...come to find out, I had to rinse it with water and turn the crown to "unstick" it (likely due to sweat). I hope that has been resolved now with the water resistance.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73