Both Aluminium and Stainless Steel
Does anyone here own both the Aluminium and Stainless Steel, Apple Watch?
Do they 'feel' the same when you're wearing them?
I know the glass on the Stainless Steel model is apparently better at resisting scratches and such.
- 09-10-2016, 12:23 PM #2
- 09-10-2016, 04:01 PM #3iMore Intermediate
- 479 Posts
Re: Both Aluminium and Stainless Steel
I've got both and the Al Watchers are definitely lighter but it I don't notice at after a few minutes unless I think about it. I've worn heavy mechanical watches for years so it doesn't bother me a bit.
The Stainless Steel crystal is better at resisting scratches than the Al's X-Ion glass, but it's more likely to crack under harder impact then the latter.
As far as the case goes, the mirror finish of the Stainless Steel will get and show light, superficial scratches that the Al's hard-anodized surface won't. I imagine the SS will resist dents and deeper scratches than the Al won't. I don't know for sure and hope I never personally find out.
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 09-15-2016, 09:25 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-10-2016, 10:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-10-2016, 11:54 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-10-2016, 09:12 AM
- By Retrorod in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2016, 07:40 AM