Apple Watch bands - 'Currently Unavailable' VS 'Sold Out'

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking to buy a Modern Buckle from Apple to gift to a friend, and ran across something odd. The color Blue Jay in size medium is listed as 'Sold Out', and the color Black in size medium is listed as 'Currently Unavailable'. The use of two different terms to describe the same condition doesn't sound like Apple. I'm wondering if they plan to restock one and drop the other?

Any thoughts on this?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The use of two different terms to describe the same condition...

You're assuming that the two phrases are in fact describing the same condition. I think that's only the case if you're taking a very short view that either one only means you can't get what you want.

I chose to assume that two different phrases are used because there are two different conditions- Currently Unavailable meaning they may be available again, and Sold Out meaning they won't be available again.

My belief is that Apple will offer some colors in some bands continuously (such as the black Sport band) and other colors in other bands will be offered in a deliberately limited, one time basis. And/or some colors may disappear from one type of band and show up on another when one of that band's offering disappears. All that may be wrong. If not, it might serve to give some cach?t to Apple bands.

Some colors might be seasonal, similarly to clothing fashion, and return in a year. Maybe.

Maybe Rene knows someone on the inside who has actual knowledge.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I've read elsewhere that there are several versions of the watch that are also either out of stock or sold out. Speculation is that Apple is letting supplies run low in anticipation AW2 coming shortly. Not sure why that would affect bands though unless, heaven forbid, the new watch takes different bands.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2