Notifications - mainly iMessage and Email
I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, but, I'm curious about it anyway.
Currently, I use Outlook.com for email. And thus I have an avatar for all my contacts (sad, I know). However, I'm wondering it there is a way that Apple Watch can show those avatars, versus the default Green and Blue, for iMessage\Text and Email, respectively...?
Maybe I'm reaching, but...
- 08-05-2016, 02:50 PM #2
re: Notifications - mainly iMessage and Email
Good question, but one I cannot answer at this time. All of my contacts are synced via iCloud, but I use them with all of my email accounts. The few contacts I have with my Outlook.com account do not have avatars or even an associated contact photo. Sorry.
- 08-23-2016, 04:03 PM #3iMore Nanite
- 3 Posts
Re: Notifications - mainly iMessage and Email
I believe you are talking about two different things here. The purpose of the green and blue is not about who they are, but the platform they are using. Blue means the message is coming through iMessage ( requires an idevice) while green means it's a plain SMS text message and usually means it's from an Android, Windows, or Blackberry phone.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2016, 02:52 PM
- By arioman in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 2Last Post: 08-05-2016, 12:46 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-05-2016, 10:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2016, 09:10 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-04-2016, 11:00 PM