WatchOS 3 beta 6 is out

Daan4suz

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
To turn time travel back on, this is a new setting in the watch app on your iphone. In the app, go to Clock --> Time travel and turn it on.

Seems to be off by default

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To turn time travel back on, this is a new setting in the watch app on your iphone. In the app, go to Clock --> Time travel and turn it on.

Seems to be off by default

Thank you, and thankfully, it's now off by default.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
In the app, go to Clock --> Time travel and turn it on.

Done! Thanks! I updated to b6 last night, Battery use this morning seems unaffected. Are there any new features with this update?

I'd like to see a way of ordering watch faces to keep the most commonly used faces grouped together.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well my Watch seems to be functioning properly again. 10 hours off the charger and I still have 69% battery, and my third party apps on the watch face appear to properly updating again.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone confirm WatchOS BETA is compatible with the iOS10 Public BETA or can it only be used with the iOS Dev version? TIA

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm WatchOS BETA is compatible with the iOS10 Public BETA or can it only be used with the iOS Dev version? TIA

watchOS 3 works with iOS 10. The dev beta and public beta are identical. There is always one more dev beta than public beta because dev beta 1 allows for the correction of major bugs before public beta release.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm using watch beta with iOS 10 public beta. Works fine. I think I also heard public and dev beta are on the same build at this point

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
watchOS 3 works with iOS 10. The dev beta and public beta are identical. There is always one more dev beta than public beta because dev beta 1 allows for the correction of major bugs before public beta release.

I'm using watch beta with iOS 10 public beta. Works fine. I think I also heard public and dev beta are on the same build at this point

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I'll be installing this evening then.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I don't think I'll do any more beta updates for either the Watch or phone. So- if I deleted the beta profile deal from both devices, what happens when the actual OSs ship for the masses?

•Will I get no update alert because I'm on the beta program and the beta profile is missing?
•Will I get an update alert for the 'regular' iOS 10 Update even though I'm on a beta and and the profile is missing?

I don't want to remain on a beta diet once the regular Update ships, and I don't want to Restore my phone except as a very last resort. I have old apps with still work but are no longer available from the App Store. Since iTunes no longer backs up apps, they'd be lost and I'd be sad :crying: Ok, more than sad.