Sometimes, while at work, I leave my iPhone on my desk, and go to other areas of the building. From time to time, in doing so, my Apple Watch (Stainless Steel, Space Black), loses connection with my iPhone.
What is the average distance one can be away from the iPhone?
- 07-27-2016, 06:56 AM #2
That depends on your surroundings but is typically between the 10 to 100 meter.. Roughly converted between 30 to 300 feet.
If you are on the same wifi as your phone, your Apple Watch will continue working though.
Hmm, a little confused with that last statement. Can you expound on that?
I was under the impression that the Apple Watch merely connected to the watches Bluetooth. There is WIFI at work, but, I tend to not use it since the IT Director throttles the service (don't ask)...
- 07-27-2016, 07:21 AM #4
- 07-27-2016, 12:52 PM #6
- 07-27-2016, 03:27 PM #7
- 07-27-2016, 07:06 PM #8
- 07-30-2016, 07:16 AM #9iMore Expert
- 817 Posts
I left my phone at home one time (ack!!) and my Watch still connected to his WiFi. In the Settings Glance, you'll see the green phone icon at the top, when your phone is nearby. If your phone isn't around, you'll see a cloud icon, indicating the Watch is connected directly to WiFi and not to your phone.
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-13-2016, 06:29 PM
- By Wildo6882 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-04-2015, 02:54 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-21-2015, 04:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2015, 10:58 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-15-2015, 12:30 PM