Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By edswife1970
  • 1 Post By edswife1970
  • 1 Post By Mac Guy
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default I wish more places accepted Pay.

I really want to be able to use Apple Pay - but not with my credit card - and my bank doesn't support it yet. So......I opened a new checking account, got my debit card right away and set it up on my iPhone and watch. Can't wait to try it out. Just wish there were more places that accepted it.

Default Re: Can't use my debit card with Apple Pay, so opened new checking account!!

Give it time. I'm sure more places in your area will support Pay soon.
    iMore Expert

Default Re: Can't use my debit card with Apple Pay, so opened new checking account!!

Quote Originally Posted by edswife1970 View Post
    So......I opened a new checking account, got my debit card right away and set it up on my iPhone and watch.
    That's hard core, right there! Fortunately my bank/card are good with Pay. There are only a few places near me that use it. I haven't been to the local CVS to see if they're part of the "beta testing". Ha!

The last time I was there, their readers took standard credit and credit cards along with chipped cards. I didn't see anything on the readers that indicated contact payments.

Very cool! I use Apple Pay almost daily and love it. It's really a million times safer than swiping and it's super convenient. I lucked out though; my bank adopted Apple Pay at launch.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Update on Apple Pay..........I love it I've used it at McDonald's, Steak N Shake and Kohl's. The cashier at Kohl's said he had never had anyone pay with Apple Pay before and he was as excited as I was to see it work!! I looked at the maps on my ipad and typed in Apple Pay on the search bar. It showed all the places near me that accept AP. We actually have quite a few.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    iMore Expert

Quote Originally Posted by edswife1970 View Post
    I looked at the maps on my ipad and typed in Apple Pay on the search bar. It showed all the places near me that accept AP. We actually have quite a few.
    I just did that and found so many not that far from me that I wonder if Maps is interpreting the search term Apple Pay correctly. LOL! I'll have to take the Apple Pay Tour and see. CVS didn't make the cut, apparently.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,559 Global Posts

Default Re: I wish more places accepted Pay.

I used it at my local Starbucks and the guy at the register was flabbergasted. Lol! I was just as shocked that he'd never seen it before.

There's not a lot of businesses here that take Pay either. I use it mostly at McD's and Subway. But last I used it at Subway, their register didn't register it. Doesn't work in the McDonald's drive thru, but does inside.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,865 Global Posts

I've enjoyed using it so far and I think Walmart is one of the few places that I've been which doesn't support it
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by rayz336 View Post
    I've enjoyed using it so far and I think Walmart is one of the few places that I've been which doesn't support it
    That is because WM is trying to develop their own payment program so they don't have to share any fees with Apple.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,865 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randally View Post
    That is because WM is trying to develop their own payment program so they don't have to share any fees with Apple.
    Yeah, I've seen their attempt but I'll just continue to swipe my card there and hopefully they'll bend eventually
    iMore Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rayz336 View Post
    Yeah, I've seen their attempt but I'll just continue to swipe my card there and hopefully they'll bend eventually
    Yeah, QR codes. Good luck with that. It seems CVS is trying to get back into the fold without losing face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Doesn't work in the McDonald's drive thru, but does inside.
    It does at my local McDonald's. But I had to learn how they're supposed to use it so I could tell them what to do each time I came through. Looks like everybody's got the hang of it now.
    BrindawithanI likes this.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,215 Global Posts

Soon, I feel that Apple pay will be the default. Then again, all form the 'electronic' pay.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I Iuse it all the time in the UK. Used it about 4 times today. The car park i was in had a contactless reader on it so even used it there. All the shops I use now are all contactless. It's really quick to use and totally safe!! Also use it on the London underground. Works perfect!!
    Last edited by iwoodland; 08-01-2016 at 05:21 PM.

The below link will show a list of retailers that accept Pay.

http://www.apple.com/apple-pay/where-to-use-apple-pay/
    anon(153966) likes this.
    iMore Expert

I made a trip out to El Pollo Loco yesterday and used Pay. I didn't see the NFC logo right away but the Pay logo was there. The counterperson was familiar using a phone but not the Watch.

It's a ways to go just to use the Watch, but it was nice to confirm. The chicken is great, too.