My watch's display broke all by itself

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Without any apparent physicall damage I noticed that the display of my Apple Watch got damaged. It was fine in the morning. I only noticed it after I returned from lunch. I do not remember hitting against anything anywhere. The only thing that could have caused it is all the minor bumps together from end november to now.

So my question is, what can I do now?

IMG_5914.jpg
IMG_5915.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Talking from experience, they will say its physical damage and warranty does not apply. Hopefully I am mistaken....

Maybe. Maybe not. Having said that, I still recommend you contact them and make an inquiry. Apple will do its best to rectify the problem, in my experience...

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, but there is no official Apple Watch support over here in Slovenia, I already asked. I bought my watch in Austria in a shopping mall at a store called Media Markt (similar to Best Buy). It's a 45 minute drive and I'll be going there tomorrow after work, to see where I'm at.

I have only had positive experiences when dealing with Apple customer service

I believe you, but as I said, there is no official Apple Store in Slovenia, and no official Apple Watch support. But I do agree support for iPhones is stellar even over here.

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
I just called the service center of Mediamarkt. They said I should bring it in and they'll send to an Apple repair service. The expected wait is 2 to 3 weeks.

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
OK, I went to Mediamarkt, they couldn't give me any real info, but have taken my watch and sent it to an Apple Repair Center. It is going to take at about 10 working days to get back. Hopefully fixed under warranty.

MaTiCeK

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Just to report back. I got a new apple watch, it took them 1 week and a day to get a replacement for me, but at least it was free of charge. Happy!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
My buddy had something similar and took it into Apple and they switched it out. it never showed any damage just the screen under neath has a crack.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal