Apple Watch vs. Fitbit in combination with MyFitnessPal and the discrepancies in total calories burned.
Since a week I'm the happy owner of an Apple Watch. I love it. The biggest difference with my Fitbit Charge HR is not the options or the size of the screen but the calorie counter. Where Fitbit has a constant reading of HR, the Apple Watch does this in intervals of 5 to 10 minutes. This results in lower active energy calories every day.
For example when I am at work, at the end of the day I've set 16k steps and in Fitbit that was projected as ~4000 calories, whereas the Apple Watch projects ~2200 calories.
If I look in Health and sum up my active and resting energy I get a much higher number than projected in MyFitnessPal. Here is an example for last Tuesday.
This is what's projected in MFP:
And if you sum up the active and resting energy calories in Health app, you get a higher number:
The total sum of those two is 2602 and as you can see in the first screenshot, MFP says 2342. I wonder why the missing 260 calories isn't projected .
I checked MFP settings and it's set to my Apple Watch for steps:
Has anybody else using MFP experienced these discrepancies?
Anyone with a possible solution?
- 01-06-2017, 11:07 AM #2iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Apple Watch vs. Fitbit in combination with MyFitnessPal and the discrepancies in total calories
Just got an Apple Watch Series 2 myself and noticed this exact same discrepancy when using MFP... did you find out anything else or figure out a solve? Just curious, thanks!
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone SEReplies: 11Last Post: 09-03-2016, 11:42 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 09-02-2016, 06:11 PM
- By ttnt99 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 07-25-2016, 02:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-24-2016, 09:36 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 1Last Post: 07-23-2016, 11:06 PM