Apple Watch: Workout & "Now Playing" glance for quick taps?

I

iMore Question

Watch owners using watchOS2 or upcoming watchOS3 (though I believe my question applies the same regardless:

If you have started a workout, where your default watch face is then overriden by the workout stats until finished, is there a way to QUICKLY access the NowPlaying glance to pause or advance songs/podcasts?

I would like to glance at my wrist and tap once or twice, without having to pinch a button, then swipe, then tap. I have used my watch for a year now so probably does not have what I am asking but I hope the community can tell me I am overlooking something.

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Nope. The number 1 thing I do with my watch is control playback for podcasts. I'm on watchOS 3. And for this limited use, it is even less convenient to control playback than with glances. You are going to have to do at least one button press, possibly a swipe, then a tap.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The number 1 thing I do with my watch is control playback for podcasts. I'm on watchOS 3. And for this limited use, it is even less convenient to control playback than with glances. You are going to have to do at least one button press, possibly a swipe, then a tap.

Wow. Good information but a little disappointing. It's too bad there isn't something like a double- triple-tap when in Workout mode that could be assigned to a function, like bringing up Now Playing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice