32 minutes to delete messages, really Apple?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I love my Apple Watch but the fact that Apple has yet to add a delete all function to the watch OR have it mirror what I do on my phone (delete a message on the phone I turn deletes the message on the watch) is ridiculous. In addition to my normal texts from friends and family, I also get my ems dispatch calls on my phone. So in a day I have quite a lot of messages built up on my phone. Not a problem on the phone but a pain in the *** for the watch. Weeks end it takes me over 30 minutes to delete all the messages on my watch (swipe, trash, confirm trash). I don't have the beta watch os 2 but for someone that does, is there a mass delete in there!? This is getting old.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I delete a message on my iPhone, perhaps a spam text, then have to repeat the process on 2x iPads, 2x macs and another iPhone.... You'd think with continuity it would sync the delete.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I totally forgot about that. So true! My iPad Pro too. Although a little easier on that device. Across all devices needs to happen.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
You'd think with continuity it would sync the delete.

I'm on the fence about that. It is a pain to delete the same messages from a phone, three iPads, and a watch (and two Macs). But sometimes I like to save some of them on just one device and would hate to lose them when clearing one device.

I'd like the option of Delete Local or Delete All Instances or something like that. That could be a 3D Touch thing (but wouldn't work on the SE. :( )

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I started a thread weeks ago asking the question. Apple clearly has figured out syncing as when you delete and email off your watch it deletes from your phone and vice versa. Despite that, as discussed in this thread iMessages and Texts need to be independently deleted from each device. After complaining to a friend of mine he shared something with that I have not been able to get to work or replicate. He said he only uses his watch one or two days a week so when he puts it on there messages just piled up. He said if he long presses there's a DELETE ALL option on the watch. But like I said, I can't make it work and have to long press, trash, confirm like the rest of you. I'll double check with him and come back to the thread.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
^A delete all option (for messages on the watch only) would be great!
But still keeping the messages on the phone as well to delete there separately as needed too.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Rosco says the clear all option doesn't work, but I've used it before to clear all notifications at once. Or am I misunderstanding?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Rosco says the clear all option doesn't work, but I've used it before to clear all notifications at once. Or am I misunderstanding?

Hi Sherry_B! :)

We're hoping to figure out how to delete all *messages* on the watch at once (independent of the phone). The notifications clear all function works fine. ;)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi Sherry_B! :)

We're hoping to figure out how to delete all *messages* on the watch at once (independent of the phone). The notifications clear all function works fine. ;)

Where are the messages when I do Clear All?

Edit: I found them.... all.

2016-08-03 04.14.31.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner