Apple Watch and Amusement park

goodevening

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I am going with my family to Dollywood this Saturday and they have some water rides there. Have any of you taken your watch to an amusement park and it got wet from a water ride with no issues?

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I use to ummm...I use to wear mine in the shower. Not happy with myself for that. With that said, mine is a launch day model and still works perfectly fine. Water rides are good to go...just don't take it for a swim unless you're into living dangerously.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I use to ummm...I use to wear mine in the shower. Not happy with myself for that. With that said, mine is a launch day model and still works perfectly fine. Water rides are good to go...just don't take it for a swim unless you're into living dangerously.
While you can wash your hands while wearing it, showering isn't recommended by Apple.

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Which is why I said I wasn't proud of it. In the early days however, Tim Cook talked about showering in his. So I thought what the heck. With that said I stopped doing it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Tim did say he showers with his Watch but let's face it- if something goes wrong he won't have a problem getting it replaced. I used to wear watches 24/7 so wore them while showering.

But the need has passed and the habit broken so without Apple explicitly blessing the practice, I put the Watch on the charger while I shower. It stays on my wrist when while washing my hands. If I had a leather band the Watch would either come of or I'd wash very carefully.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal