I've installed WatchOS 3 Beta on my Watch, and thus far, everything is stable and working correctly. I love how you can swipe left or right to change the watch faces without having to use the force touch feature first. The breathing reminder is a nice little addition. I'm really going to take advantage of that feature.......The UI is a tad faster, but not enough to wow anyone, in my opinion. Deleting iMessages are quicker, but it still doesn't have a delete-all option therein. Anyway, to those of you who have installed watchOS 3, what are your thoughts of it?
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 06-13-2016 at 08:34 PM.
    06-13-2016 08:19 PM
    Definitely going to be using my Watch more often now
    Just_Me_D and mumfoau like this.
    06-13-2016 08:20 PM
    I was really hoping for third party watch faces, but the overall improvements, especially with app load times, are awesome.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-13-2016 08:55 PM
    I have yet to purchase a watch I've come close several times but each time I go in Herms, I end up purchasing an accessory or some jewelry lol. Since I just bought a bag the other day, maybe I'll try for the watch this weekend
    Just_Me_D and agarwal.apar like this.
    06-13-2016 09:25 PM
    I have yet to purchase a watch I've come close several times but each time I go in Herms, I end up purchasing an accessory or some jewelry lol. Since I just bought a bag the other day, maybe I'll try for the watch this weekend
    Once you've gotten it, you're going to wonder why you didn't get it sooner...
    06-13-2016 09:35 PM
    That's usually the case LOL
    06-13-2016 09:47 PM
    Don't forget you're using a beta, the final release version will be better.
    06-13-2016 10:35 PM
    Nice update and it worsk smooth! But is it only me or I can't find the old friends screen? Was it completely removed? I really liked that function
    06-14-2016 08:09 AM
    From what I can tell it looks like the app dock is limited to ten apps. Anyone else confirm this?
    06-14-2016 08:47 AM
    Any excess battery drain so far? I'm a heavy watch user since I bought it a few weeks back and I'd hate to have it not work, but at the same time I want some of the speed improvements since the currently app loading is brutally slow.
    06-14-2016 10:23 AM
    Performance is iffy with me, apps seem to load quicker but there's still a lot of laggy bits when I'm working with Messages.

Anyone get auto unlock to work with their Mac yet? I'm thinking this feature isn't available yet.
    06-14-2016 01:23 PM
    I'm in the same boat.

I know you're a frequent poster and always have good advice/intentions...that being said, is that REALLY true?
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-14-2016 01:45 PM
    I'm in the same boat.

I know you're a frequent poster and always have good advice/intentions...that being said, is that REALLY true?
    I was a skeptic, but I am finding the Watch to be tremendously useful now. I rely on my phone a lot less. Having said that, everyone is different. I realized within the first 3 days of owning it that it was handy.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    06-14-2016 01:51 PM
    Installed it on my test watch and so far so good. It is nice and I do like the new launch button and how it lets you add apps to the launch list right from the watch. I also like all of the new fitness complications. With the swipe watch face feature you can have a watch face for daily use and one for fitness and its super easy to switch back and forth. I wont be able to give it a real test though until I install the beta on my primary watch.

I will do that once the iPhone beta gets smoothed out a but since i have too many things that I count on with my phone and watch.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-14-2016 05:13 PM
    I'm in the same boat.

Yes sir. My honest opinion was posted above. It's been a full 24 hours since I installed watchOS 3 on my Watch, and I can honestly say that I've not experienced one hiccup as of yet. My notifications have been plentiful, as always, and the alerts seem a bit different...but different in a good way. The Breathing thingy popped up to remind me to de-stress. The overall experience thus far has been great. Hopefully, it'll continue to be great...
    06-14-2016 05:49 PM
    Any excess battery drain so far? I'm a heavy watch user since I bought it a few weeks back and I'd hate to have it not work, but at the same time I want some of the speed improvements since the currently app loading is brutally slow.
    I think I took my  watch off the charger around 8ish this morning, and now almost 11 hours later, it still has 70% remaining battery life. Like you, I use it all day everyday.
    agarwal.apar and Sherry_B like this.
    06-14-2016 05:53 PM
    Nice update and it worsk smooth! But is it only me or I can't find the old friends screen? Was it completely removed? I really liked that function
    The Friends option is gone. The side button now launches the "Dock" where you can peruse various items.
    Sherry_B and Tartarus like this.
    06-14-2016 06:01 PM
    I think I took my  watch off the charger around 8ish this morning, and now almost 11 hours later, it still has 70% remaining battery life. Like you, I use it all day everyday.
    Is this better, same or worse then previous OS?
    06-14-2016 06:47 PM
    Is this better, same or worse then previous OS?
    The Battery life is on par with how it's always been for me.
    eyecrispy and zwuncki like this.
    06-14-2016 06:48 PM
    Pretty stable so far .. My watch face changed back on its own a couple times and find friends does not work but other than that it's ok
    eyecrispy likes this.
    06-14-2016 10:45 PM
    The Friends option is gone. The side button now launches the "Dock" where you can peruse various items.
    I'm going to miss that feature.
    06-15-2016 01:17 AM
    When Apple had the 3 versions of the activities face up together in the keynote (about 12:45), the digital version did not have time-of-day seconds in the time display. But when Stacey was doing the watch demo (about 16:30), that face showed time-of-day seconds on the digital mode face. Has anyone seen time-of-day seconds on any digital face on the demo watches? Is there hope that Apple will let us choose to display seconds in any of the digital faces?

I've been using digital watches for nearly 40 years, and _all_ of them have shown seconds in the primary time display. I'm so annoyed at the lack of seconds on Apple's digital faces, I've switched to the Utility face. And I really do dislike analog time displays for most purposes.
    06-15-2016 02:10 AM
    If you mean the second as displayed in the below screenshot, then yes, that is how it appears on my Watch.

WatchOS 3 Dev Beta-image1465993090.446471.jpg
    06-15-2016 07:18 AM
    If you mean the second as displayed in the below screenshot, then yes, that is how it appears on my Watch.
    That's the one. Now I'll start really hoping Apple will let us display seconds on other faces -- like the modular face.

Thanks.
    06-15-2016 10:22 AM
    That's the one. Now I'll start really hoping Apple will let us display seconds on other faces -- like the modular face.

Thanks.
    You're very welcome.
    06-15-2016 10:23 AM
143 123 ...