WatchOS 3 Dev Beta

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: WatchOS 3

Double clicking the crown while in an app switches to the previous app you were using. Don't know if this is a known feature.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Bully.

Beta 2 is on just in time for beta 3 to be released.

Updated to beta 3 last night, so far so good :)

I do notice when I get notifications, mostly from Twitter so far, the text stutters as it scrolls up the screen. Didn't do that before. Anyone else seeing that? It was on beta 2 and still on beta 3.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

It appears that battery life has taken a bit of a hit in Beta 3. Normally I take my watch off of the charger at 7-7:30am and I am still sitting at 99%-100% around 9:30am. Right now I am already down to 95%. A few more notifications than normal in that time span this morning, but nothing to account for added drain. No usage pattern change. I expect that I will be around 40%-50% battery by the end of the workday, where as normally I would be sitting somewhere around 65%-70%.

loribinca

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site

I've seen twice now where after i engage airplane mode, when it comes back it's still stuck on the wrong location .. also when i've come out of low-power mode it put back the default watch faces -- anyone else seen that?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Taking the plunge on my daily driver watch. T-minus 2 minutes and counting on the download.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I really like it, it's worked quite well for the last few days.

Yep so far so good. I am doing my battery test today to see how it compares to watchOS2.2.2. When I leave the office I used to be around 70%-80% so I will see where it is today.

:)

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

At 5:30pm I am normally at 70-80%, I just put my watch on the charger at 3:30 at 67%.

I was also using the watch more today playing with stuff, breathe app every few hours, the new message stuff, etc. so I will not determine the battery usage until I am running it for a few days.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm gonna have to start using the breathe app. I've played around with it some. Might just use a complication in the event I get annoyed at work, I can quickly jump off a breathe session!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

At 5:30pm I am normally at 70-80%, I just put my watch on the charger at 3:30 at 67%.

I was also using the watch more today playing with stuff, breathe app every few hours, the new message stuff, etc. so I will not determine the battery usage until I am running it for a few days.

I think with more background refresh to keep the dock active/up-to-date, it's going to use more. But I've never run out, so I'm not worried!

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

For me beta 2 was bad on my iPhone for battery life and bad on my watch with lot of bugs. But beta 3 is super for the battery life of my iPhone and watch and fewer bugs !!!

IMG_1469225737.583227.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
WatchOS 3

Anybody else having an issue with Time Travel in beta 3? It does not work for me at all.

You have to enable it in settings.
I thought they removed it but it is still there.
It is on your iPhone in the Watch app, under clock.
Took me a while to figure this out.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

It is on your iPhone in the Watch app,
under clock.

Yeah, I think enough people complained of accidentally rolling the crown and activating time travel that giving the toggle was the best bet. I know I never use it, so I leave it off.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I think enough people complained of accidentally rolling the crown and activating time travel that giving the toggle was the best bet. I know I never use it, so I leave it off.
Funny. I use it all the time because I always need to look ahead what's coming up in my day. Goes to show you how varied usage patterns are :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Funny. I use it all the time because I always need to look ahead what's coming up in my day. Goes to show you how varied usage patterns are :)

I never thought to do that. I use the modular face and tap the complication to see the list ... . I just like to see everything. but that may be a cool way of doing it too; I'll try it!

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
WatchOS 3

It is on your iPhone in the Watch app, under clock.

Some watchfaces like Solar and Astronomy always have it even when TimeTravel is set off...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox