WatchOS 3 Dev Beta

THoAddict01

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: WatchOS 3

I've been watching some watchOS 3 reviews and noticed the Extra Large face shows the complication larger compared to the larger time on watchOS 2. Can anyone confirm that you can still have the time fill the screen like before? Thanks!
WatchOS 2
5mzfb8.jpg

WatchOS 3
14mayo6.jpg

M_A

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

I have dowloaded the public beta profile but it still says that the latest version of watchOS is 2.2.1 - so watchOS 3 public beta is not offered for download. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there any solution available?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I have dowloaded the public beta profile but it still says that the latest version of watchOS is 2.2.1 - so watchOS 3 public beta is not offered for download. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there any solution available?

It is most likely one of the following:
- you downloaded the iOS profile not the watch one to the watch (that's what I did - doh!)
- you didn't add the watch UDID to the developer portal
- you didn't upgrade your phone the iOS beta

In the watch app on phone check the installed profile and make sure it says watch beta profile. In my case I put the iOS beta on it instead.

Hope that helps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Unless I'm mistaken, I didn't think there was a Public Beta for WatchOS 3.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Unless I'm mistaken, I didn't think there was a Public Beta for WatchOS 3.

There wasn't but when going to beta.apple.com and downloading the Profile, it asks if you want iOS or watchOS. So it is a bit confusing that they give you the option without a developer account.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I bought my 38mm from a woman who recently sold her iPhone and I have to say, watchOS 2 seemed like it didn't make any sense to me. The contacts option on the side button was not handy and the whole OS didn't seem intuitive for me.
After 5-6 hours wearing the Watch i decided to update to watchOS 3 and boy, did a new world of wonders open for me.
watchOS 3 is more in line with iOS and everything works as it should.

I'm still trying to figure out all options, but know already I made the right choice to jump from Fitbit charge HR to my Watch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I bought my 38mm from a woman who recently sold her iPhone and I have to say, watchOS 2 seemed like it didn't make any sense to me. The contacts option on the side button was not handy and the whole OS didn't seem intuitive for me.
After 5-6 hours wearing the Watch i decided to update to watchOS 3 and boy, did a new world of wonders open for me.

I'm still trying to figure out all options, but know already I made the right choice to jump from Fitbit charge HR to my Watch.

I agree. WatchOS 3 is what the Watch should have debuted with, in my opinion...:)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I agree. WatchOS 3 is what the Watch should have debuted with, in my opinion...:)

Looking forward to the official update!

M_A

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

Why?? As ambassador you have to be brave and install watchOS 3 already.

If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help you in the process.

Can the watchOS 3 Beta be installed without a developer account??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice