WatchOS 3 Dev Beta

MrAdamsD

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: WatchOS 3

My wife can make through a day on beta 1 but because I do work outs I can barely get a day out of my watch. I hope beta 2 fixes the battery drain issue.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if I like the new dismiss on messages. I like how it is, however it's no longer the way I use to it. I'll get used to it.

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Updated to b2. One small annoyance is that for the last few days, the weather complication is just blank.

It just shows "--" - any remedy?

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

Updated to b2. One small annoyance is that for the last few days, the weather complication is just blank.

It just shows "--" - any remedy?

which complication? Carrot? i had the same issue and had to switch to forecast bar for now. i posted it up in the Carrot app thread on macrumors so the dev can see it. other weather app complications work fine. Carrot worked without an issue on beta 1.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

So far battery usage on beta 2 is normal. Performance is so-so. Some basic functions are laggy. Siri animation lags big time. Activity analog watch face occasionally corrupts the visuals. Thats all I found so far.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

My battery may be slightly better than beta 1. Still horrible overall compared to 2.2.1.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Mine is worse than beta 1. Was already down to 64% by 11 this morning

You never know. In a day or so I might say the same. Today is the first full day on a charge so still learning on how bad this battery for beta 2 is. But it's far from stellar. I would think by beta 3 we should start seeing it even out.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

You never know. In a day or so I might say the same. Today is the first full day on a charge so still learning on how bad this battery for beta 2 is. But it's far from stellar. I would think by beta 3 we should start seeing it even out.

Yes I agree. I'll see how tomorrow goes

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

On 2.2.1, I could go 18 hours of the charge and have 50%. 45 on a bad day. Right now in 12 hours off the charge and I'm at 37%. No Bueno.

Yes!! My battery life was equivalent to yours on 2.2.1 so this has me concerned. I'll make it though, I have no choice now!

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

which complication? Carrot? i had the same issue and had to switch to forecast bar for now. i posted it up in the Carrot app thread on macrumors so the dev can see it. other weather app complications work fine. Carrot worked without an issue on beta 1.

No, stock weather! Annoying.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

So far on watchOS 3 beta 2 I have had watch faces corrupt (Watch was reflecting one set of faces, and the Watch App another set). Hard reset fixed it. I also had display corruption (colors, etc.). Activity tracking is not working properly. It is logging activity even when there is none. It logged a standing goal for me while I was sitting. It logged 3.6km of walking, yet I was in front of the computer all day with some minor walking here and there. Odd lag sometimes and occasional non-responsiveness to touch input. Mickey and Minnie do not speak the time even when the option is enabled.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

So far on watchOS 3 and iOS 10 beta 2 the battery life of the watch is good for a day for my use but the battery life of my iPhone 6s is definitely shorten...
But nothing dramatic.
I love watchOS 3 !!! It's really like a new watch !
There still a lot of bug and lag but I'm glad I did installed it on my watch.
And personalized it with the free "Monogram Plus" complications App !
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467999543.866584.jpg

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Update: stock weather app works again! Was getting really frustrated.

Battery life has dipped a bit - but still get through a day of use.