WatchOS 3 Dev Beta

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: WatchOS 3

Only complaint is better is not there but it will eventually get there. On 2.2.1 or whatever last official build is I would always have around 50% left at end of day. I've been only having about 30% left on beta 1. I never came close to that much drain on official build.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I've my developer profile installed on iPhone (iOS 10) and my Watch isn't finding the update when I check for it. Any help would be much appreciated.
Reboot your iPhone and then use the Watch app to check for the WatchOS 3 beta update.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Only complaint is better is not there but it will eventually get there. On 2.2.1 or whatever last official build is I would always have around 50% left at end of day. I've been only having about 30% left on beta 1. I never came close to that much drain on official build.

I wonder if that has to do with the background updates that make the watch faster? I'm ok with 30% left if the watch runs faster.

May have to spring for the developer license so I can get the update since there are no public betas for watchOS (or tvOS)!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
WatchOS 3

I wonder if that has to do with the background updates that make the watch faster? I'm ok with 30% left if the watch runs faster.

May have to spring for the developer license so I can get the update since there are no public betas for watchOS (or tvOS)!

Actually it was bad for just the first few days. Now for whatever reason, In back to having around 50% battery at the end of the day again.

Also, I do have a dev account so I don't have to search the wild but your watch does not need to be registered and there are plenty of configuration profiles out there in the wild. Just be aware if you update, there is no downgrading unless you mail your watch in to Apple for service with a fee. So load at your own risk.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Actually it was bad for just the first few days. Now for whatever reason, In back to having around 50% battery at the end of the day again.
Cool -- kind of like the phone usually does.

Also, I do have a dev account so I don't have to search the wild but your watch does not need to be registered and there are plenty of configuration profiles out there in the wild. Just be aware if you update, there is no downgrading unless you mail your watch in to Apple for service with a fee. So load at your own risk.
Good point -- maybe when the iOS 10 Public Beta comes out it'll be a better time to do it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Cool -- kind of like the phone usually does.

Good point -- maybe when the iOS 10 Public Beta comes out it'll be a better time to do it.

My watch is back to having horrendous battery again. It's so up and down. Nothing I'm doing different. It's the beta life.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

My watch is back to having horrendous battery again. It's so up and down. Nothing I'm doing different. It's the beta life.

Ok :) I'm holding off, at least for a week or so. Will see how the public beta of 10 goes and what the next watchOS betas look like before jumping in.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

mine has bad battery life too. I've even unpaired it and re-paired but the battery still drains, even without using it a lot.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Ok :) I'm holding off, at least for a week or so. Will see how the public beta of 10 goes and what the next watchOS betas look like before jumping in.

Not sure if you have jumped into the beta's. I have been running both iOS 10 on my iPhone 6 and watch 3 since being released to developers. I have not had any real issues so far with either one. My phone has froze up once and a reboot cleared that. I had one game crash upon opening, but when started again was no issue. Have received an update to that game since and it has solved the problem. My watch has not seen any issues. But I am aware of others having issues. But they have been happy to have the updates verses the few bugs they are seeing.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if you have jumped into the beta's. I have been running both iOS 10 on my iPhone 6 and watch 3 since being released to developers. I have not had any real issues so far with either one. My phone has froze up once and a reboot cleared that. I had one game crash upon opening, but when started again was no issue. Have received an update to that game since and it has solved the problem. My watch has not seen any issues. But I am aware of others having issues. But they have been happy to have the updates verses the few bugs they are seeing.

I wish I had your luck with watchOS 3. For the most part mine is fine, until it gets into a frenzy of freezing and rebooting. Then it's fine for a while again.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I wish I had your luck with watchOS 3. For the most part mine is fine, until it gets into a frenzy of freezing and rebooting. Then it's fine for a while again.

My watch on 2.2.1 reboot in the middle of the night last night while sitting on the charger. That thing is bright in a dark room! No idea why...

Elpasorog53

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site

I've been using watchOS 3 for about 5 days and it's very stable. Battery is interesting. Some days @ 10% by 11pm. Not excellent but not bad.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Installing Beta 2 now on my test device. Let's see if there are any changes/improvements.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
WatchOS 3

Installing Beta 2 now on my test device. Let's see if there are any changes/improvements.

I just finished updating my watch. I would have already been finished but I had to leave to take care of a few things. Anyway, I don't foresee any problems with beta 2, especially when I didn't have any with the initial beta. Know what I mean?

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Been using watchOS 3 since it was released.

beta 1: started off stable, got a bit buggy the last few days.

beta 2 (released today, 7/5/16): so far, so smooth!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Been using watchOS 3 since it was released.

beta 1: started off stable, got a bit buggy the last few days.

beta 2 (released today, 7/5/16): so far, so smooth!

A good deal of people were complaining about bad battery life. Hopefully, beta 2 fixes that for them.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
WatchOS 3

My battery was absolutely horrendous on battery 1. Couldn't even make it the day on a charge. Still too early to say on beta2 but praying it's better than the last on battery. On 2.2.1 I would normally have 50% left at the end of the day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh