WatchOS 3 Dev Beta

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've installed WatchOS 3 Beta on my Watch, and thus far, everything is stable and working correctly. I love how you can swipe left or right to change the watch faces without having to use the force touch feature first. The breathing reminder is a nice little addition. I'm really going to take advantage of that feature....:)...The UI is a tad faster, but not enough to wow anyone, in my opinion. Deleting iMessages are quicker, but it still doesn't have a delete-all option therein. Anyway, to those of you who have installed watchOS 3, what are your thoughts of it?

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WatchOS 3

I was really hoping for third party watch faces, but the overall improvements, especially with app load times, are awesome.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I have yet to purchase a watch I've come close several times but each time I go in Herm?s, I end up purchasing an accessory or some jewelry lol. Since I just bought a bag the other day, maybe I'll try for the watch this weekend

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have yet to purchase a watch I've come close several times but each time I go in Herm?s, I end up purchasing an accessory or some jewelry lol. Since I just bought a bag the other day, maybe I'll try for the watch this weekend

Once you've gotten it, you're going to wonder why you didn't get it sooner...

Castigatore

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

Nice update and it worsk smooth! But is it only me or I can't find the old friends screen? Was it completely removed? I really liked that function :(

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Any excess battery drain so far? I'm a heavy watch user since I bought it a few weeks back and I'd hate to have it not work, but at the same time I want some of the speed improvements since the currently app loading is brutally slow.

mattdistro

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Performance is iffy with me, apps seem to load quicker but there's still a lot of laggy bits when I'm working with Messages.

Anyone get auto unlock to work with their Mac yet? I'm thinking this feature isn't available yet.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

I'm in the same boat.

I know you're a frequent poster and always have good advice/intentions...that being said, is that REALLY true?
I was a skeptic, but I am finding the Watch to be tremendously useful now. I rely on my phone a lot less. Having said that, everyone is different. I realized within the first 3 days of owning it that it was handy.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Installed it on my test watch and so far so good. It is nice and I do like the new launch button and how it lets you add apps to the launch list right from the watch. I also like all of the new fitness complications. With the swipe watch face feature you can have a watch face for daily use and one for fitness and its super easy to switch back and forth. I wont be able to give it a real test though until I install the beta on my primary watch.

I will do that once the iPhone beta gets smoothed out a but since i have too many things that I count on with my phone and watch.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm in the same boat.

I know you're a frequent poster and always have good advice/intentions...that being said, is that REALLY true?

Yes sir. My honest opinion was posted above. It's been a full 24 hours since I installed watchOS 3 on my Watch, and I can honestly say that I've not experienced one hiccup as of yet. My notifications have been plentiful, as always, and the alerts seem a bit different...but different in a good way. The Breathing thingy popped up to remind me to de-stress. The overall experience thus far has been great. Hopefully, it'll continue to be great...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Any excess battery drain so far? I'm a heavy watch user since I bought it a few weeks back and I'd hate to have it not work, but at the same time I want some of the speed improvements since the currently app loading is brutally slow.

I think I took my  watch off the charger around 8ish this morning, and now almost 11 hours later, it still has 70% remaining battery life. Like you, I use it all day everyday.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Nice update and it worsk smooth! But is it only me or I can't find the old friends screen? Was it completely removed? I really liked that function :(

The Friends option is gone. The side button now launches the "Dock" where you can peruse various items.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I think I took my  watch off the charger around 8ish this morning, and now almost 11 hours later, it still has 70% remaining battery life. Like you, I use it all day everyday.

Is this better, same or worse then previous OS?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Pretty stable so far .. My watch face changed back on its own a couple times and find friends does not work but other than that it's ok

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro