Should I pull the trigger or wait

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So I grabbed a sport yesterday, I've ordered the moko sports band in black for work (as I work o the rail way) I'm now looking for a classic buckle strap for when I'm not at work.

So far impressions of the watch are good. If Apple do release a new one I'm with in the 14 day return window so all good

Congrats! Enjoy your watch :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So I grabbed a sport yesterday, I've ordered the moko sports band in black for work (as I work o the rail way) I'm now looking for a classic buckle strap for when I'm not at work.

So far impressions of the watch are good. If Apple do release a new one I'm with in the 14 day return window so all good

Congrats on your purchase! I personally don't think Apple is going to reinvent the Apple Watch so soon. They may release another iteration with some incremental updates (similar to the iPhone 6 to 6s) but it's not going to be enough to persuade most users to upgrade if they already own a Watch. Of course, this is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong. We'll see!
I'm more excited to hear about watchOS 3 and what that's going to bring to the table. Third-party watch faces, please!

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've decided to wait for the second coming of the  Watch. I figure the worst thing that could happen is the first generation  Watch price would go down.

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I've decided to wait for the second coming of the  Watch. I figure the worst thing that could happen is the first generation  Watch price would go down.

The same thought hit me too but not an issue as I can take it back a day after the keynote if that does happen. In the mean time gives me plenty of time to play around with it.

Just waiting for this black band I'm not keen on the white I have at all

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
If can wait, why not? Unless you really wish to experience the Apple Watch now, perhaps can get the base sport model first.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Will we see a new watch at WWDC or the fall? I think everyone is anxious to see new Mac hardware, and I have to wonder if the focus will be so much on the Mac side of things, that any update to the apple watch will occur in the fall.

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
It makes more sense to wait...

If the newer Apple watch is a significant update then it was well worth the wait.
If it isn't then the previous watch will still be sold at a reduced price.

I would wait to prevent buyers remorse. But your money so...do what you like.

May 24, 2016
Visit site
You're doing the right thing waiting. Buying a device just before the new shiny one is released would reallyyy annoy me. Plus the 2 should be thinner and with a bit of luck might even be waterproof. Plus the first was largely disappointing. Picking a used one up might be an idea though?

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I pulled the trigger one month ago due to a good deal (38 mm Sport and AppleCare) because I was intrigued...

I'd like to try it for a while before buy the second version. So far I'm positively impressed by my Apple Watch. There are shortcomings, for sure, but the overall experience is great

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a 38mm SS w/WSB Thursday and it arrives tomorrow. Saved $220, probably because retailers thought AW2 was on the near horizon. :yes: I wanted one SO BADLY a year ago but decided to wait it out. Glad I did!

Any of you fence sitters who are going to jump now, check out B&H Photo out of NY. $329 out the door (if you live out of state) and a free charging stand. Woot!

EDIT 6/16/16: How did I EVER make it a year?! Love it!!!!!

Attachments

• watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I thought about waiting and I am glad that I didn't. I purchased my Watch last week and I LOVE IT!! I really dislike the fact that I waited so long to get one. Now, if a next gen Watch comes out, I will "gift" this one to my kid, I know he will appreciate it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I thought about waiting and I am glad that I didn't. I purchased my Watch last week and I LOVE IT!! I really dislike the fact that I waited so long to get one.

I got my first one at the jump. I knew probably wanted one right away and when I saw it on the Event there was NO DOUBT. I hesitated on getting any more, thinking there could be a new one... Then Targ?t had their killer deal, so I said Whisky Tango and got two more.

And now I'm bitten by the band bug!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I decided not to wait. I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger and I'm happy I did.
I really should have followed my first mind and purchased my Space Black Stainless Steel Apple Watch when I originally started too and I would probably have more accessories (Apple bands) to choose from.