Should I pull the trigger or wait

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi, so I'm thinking of buying an Apple Watch and with WWDC around the corner I'm not sure if I should wait and see if they announce a version 2 or even drop the price a little on the watch.

So what do you guys think?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Since you are already thinking about the possibility to wait, then why not wait, anyway, it's just around the corner like you said, and version 2 could appeal you more than current version or current version could even get a lot cheaper too as you said. All those reasons worth the wait I think.
But if you ask me personally, I don't like waiting until new one comes out, I just get what available at the moment, when new one comes out and I want it, then I save up again to get it, otherwise I pass it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
We're so close, I'd wait. Which model are you considering?

Best Buy is running some good deals right now that it may be worth getting a 1st gen to save the $, but only you'd be able to know if it would be an issue with the updates [possibly] coming/announced in June. I bought a MBP a few weeks ago (but I needed it for a trip so couldn't wait). Saved $300 which to me was more than any extra features that might come out (though TouchID rumors may make me think twice!) I'll use the $300 for AppleCare.

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm a very impatient person lol.

I live in the uk so Best Buy is unfortunately not an option for me.

I was looking at the 42mm sport

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I would get a first generation watch. Even if they come out with a new watch at the conference it will not be available for months. The last release they kept on pushing back the release date. Also if apple keeps to what they do the second will only see minor changes.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would get a first generation watch. Even if they come out with a new watch at the conference it will not be available for months. The last release they kept on pushing back the release date. Also if apple keeps to what they do the second will only see minor changes.

We don't know that for sure. That was a first gen decide. And we don't even know if one will be announced! By the special offers to move inventory it seems likely.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I would get the watch now. If you spend your life waiting for the "Next" thing, you will always be waiting. You can save some money on the watch now and who knows what the next one will be like? One thing that you do know, is that it is going to be more money!

dave3389

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
i waited for so long before i bought,got mine last sunday. also the sport 42mm. wished i'd of bought sooner. go for it, you won't regret it

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I can get 10% off at Argos too so even better.

Gonna go to the Apple Store Wednesday and try the sport on.

The silver looks to go with more straps

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
So I grabbed a sport yesterday, I've ordered the moko sports band in black for work (as I work o the rail way) I'm now looking for a classic buckle strap for when I'm not at work.

So far impressions of the watch are good. If Apple do release a new one I'm with in the 14 day return window so all good

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods