Apple watch S. S.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Just seen that bestbuy is having a sale on the Apple watch. The stainless steel model is currently 349-399 respectively depending on the band. Is it worth the price for the upgrade. Thoughts?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just seen that bestbuy is having a sale on the Apple watch. The stainless steel model is currently 349-399 respectively depending on the band. Is it worth the price for the upgrade. Thoughts?

It absolutely is. I had the Space Gray Sport since launch till December when I upgraded to the SS Space Black and now I could never see myself going back to the sport.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Initially I was also considering between the 42mm sport with blue sport band and 42mm SS with black sport band and went with the SS. Though more expensive but a lot more worth it with no regrets. Now I've the Milanese Loop and it's a perfect combo!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got the Sport first and eventually exchanged it for the SS. I love it, and the SS finish goes with any band. I've considered getting the Sport model in the next gen, since I'd still have the gen 1, but we'll see. Sometimes I'm doing something (coaching t-ball for example, or other casual settings) where the SS seems 'a bit much' but I don't think about it and just enjoy the watch.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I got the Sport first and eventually exchanged it for the SS. I love it, and the SS finish goes with any band. I've considered getting the Sport model in the next gen, since I'd still have the gen 1, but we'll see. Sometimes I'm doing something (coaching t-ball for example, or other casual settings) where the SS seems 'a bit much' but I don't think about it and just enjoy the watch.
This is what I've been considering to what you said. I tend to wear mine when cutting grass and whatever else I get into. Didn't want to have a dinged up watch compared to the the sport model.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Your going to love it ....I have a sport and a SS. The only drawback of the SS is the stainless steel scratches. Some of the scratches will polish out with a stainless steel polish and some will not. My sport has no wear and tear. I keep a screen protector on it that you cannot see. I have put the sport through its paces and have loved it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Your going to love it ....I have a sport and a SS. The only drawback of the SS is the stainless steel scratches. Some of the scratches will polish out with a stainless steel polish and some will not. My sport has no wear and tear. I keep a screen protector on it that you cannot see. I have put the sport through its paces and have loved it.

my SS has a few fine scratches but I don't notice them. if I look for them, for posts like this, I see them. but never in every day use.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Yea that the only thing I was thinking about. But I will use my cases that I have for when doing my other little daily activities that should save it from the scratches.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the sport for awhile and then upgraded to the stainless steel. Love the look of the stainless steel. It adds brilliance to the watch. To do it over again I would get the sport if the stainless breaks. The reason is because I would not want to pay another 600-700 for another. If the stainless is now half the price I would get the stainless.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea that the only thing I was thinking about. But I will use my cases that I have for when doing my other little daily activities that should save it from the scratches.

You won't notice them unless you're looking. And even then, unless it's a gouge, you won't see them. I guess some could be super picky about it, but I don't ever see them.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
You won't notice them unless you're looking. And even then, unless it's a gouge, you won't see them. I guess some could be super picky about it, but I don't ever see them.
Good to know lol. I'm one of those people who sees a scratch and just stares at it because I know it's there 😅

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Good to know lol. I'm one of those people who sees a scratch and just stares at it because I know it's there ��

At 43 I can't see them that well ;) Even knowing they're there, it doesn't bother me. Have to get them at the right angle to see them, it's not like bare metal showing through on a car. More like the swirls you sometimes see on dark model cars, but since this is light/reflective you don't see them.

Pick up a set of Cape Cod wipes (available at amazon in a few different options) and buff them out.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm not worried about the scratches as it should be this way, even my much more expensive TAG Heuer has scratches on its case.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I feel the same way. I have the SS and the sport and I don't know if I would spend again on the SS. I love the colors of the sport and the SS is expenses for a watch you will probably upgrade often. Im going to have to think long and hard before purchasing another SS. I rather have two sports in different colors than one SS! The resale value on the SS stinks!

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
At 43 I can't see them that well ;) Even knowing they're there, it doesn't bother me. Have to get them at the right angle to see them, it's not like bare metal showing through on a car. More like the swirls you sometimes see on dark model cars, but since this is light/reflective you don't see them.

Pick up a set of Cape Cod wipes (available at amazon in a few different options) and buff them out.
Haha my eyes are that much better I can say. But as long as it looks still somewhat pristine I'm ok with that. Ill be sure to pick those up,