Apple Watch: One Year Later

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Wear it most days. Love it. Only issue nobody seems to be able to fix is iMessage or Text message syncing. I hate that I need to delete messages on the phone and the watch...I don't keep messages I don't need. It's definitely annoying to need to clear messages from my phone and watch separately. Other than that, happy all around.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I wear mine every day. The ease of switching out bands is awesome and takes care of my itch to try out different accessories. Utility is limited, I mainly use it for voice control on my phone and checking messages. I manage in retail so often taking my phone out would be annoying. None of my stockers are going to be happy putting stuff on the shelves while I stop work to play on my phone. My watch lets me see if something is important (like if the GM of the store is messaging me) without stopping what I'm doing.

I haven't found very many useful third party apps for the watch yet though and I am tired of all the stock clock faces. One of my colleagues has an Android watch with a rounded case and all the downloadable faces he could ask for. I'm definitely envious.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I actually just returned my Watch. It's really not worth the price for the limited amount of tasks it can do.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I've had mine for just over a month, so maybe I'm not entirely entitled to post here, but so far the experience is positive.
True, battery life is not so great (after a day there is a 30% left most of the times, so I can't really keep it for another day), and third party apps usually are slow.
But for notifications and health/sport tracking it is fantastic.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use mine daily for both running/exercise as well as productivity. I like it, but I don't love it. Personally, I don't think what it offers is worth the price. My Pebble Time was cheaper and handled third party app support (i.e., RunKeeper) much more reliably than the AW. The AW is can't reliably launch third party apps and that is so disappointing bc it was a big draw. I hope the next iteration is better ..... Although, I'd probably wait before purchasing. I still don't like the price point for the features.

What I do like is that they have two different sizes to accommodate different sized wrists and it is much more attractive than other smart watches and fitness trackers out there, IMHO.

dharris382

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I just had to unpair and re-pair my watch to my phone. For some reason, it kept disconnecting from my phone. I turned it off, hard reset it and I turned the bluetooth off on my phone. It's very strange. Has this happened to anyone else?

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
been wearing it every day for over a year now and it still manages to absolutely delight me at times. Had one of those eureka moments just a few days back, when my watch alerted me to leave now for a meeting and one tap and a force touch later it had opened up maps and started navigating me to the place. Did not have to touch my phone once all the way from home throughout the car journey - this is the space the watch should occupy in my life.
Aside from notifications it's also become completely indispensable for the gym for me. Love to leave the phone at home and unlike 99% of the other gym goers not stare at my phone the entire time. Tracks and archives my workouts, plays my music and that's all I need.

Goes without saying I have heaps of software suggestions to improve the experience, plus it needs to feel snappier (hardware) eventually... but we'll get there and until then I'm not taking off this iteration, it's off to a solid start and I'm pumped for what's to come.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Schedule alerts are worth the purchase price and then some. Watch has kept me from missing meetings in hectic work environment. Turned off most alerts except calendar, text, and fitness. Emails can wait- yet option to see alerts for email VIPS is also great.

I've admittedly underused other features (Hey Siri, navigation) on watch and phone alike. Will definitely get the version with some standalone functionality - whether that's watch 2.0 or a later version. Will seriously consider Hermes next time- came out 3 weeks *after* I bought first one */sigh/*

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Schedule alerts are worth the purchase price and then some. Watch has kept me from missing meetings in hectic work environment. Turned off most alerts except calendar, text, and fitness. Emails can wait- yet option to see alerts for email VIPS is also great.

I use gmail and only have the primary inbox pushed. Works well :)

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I just had to unpair and re-pair my watch to my phone. For some reason, it kept disconnecting from my phone. I turned it off, hard reset it and I turned the bluetooth off on my phone. It's very strange. Has this happened to anyone else?

Code:
yep, I've had a very similar issue once and had to unpair the watch too. Great inconvenience because it meant that all my recorded workouts and basically everything in the activity was wiped. ����

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Code:
yep, I've had a very similar issue once and had to unpair the watch too. Great inconvenience because it meant that all my recorded workouts and basically everything in the activity was wiped. ����
That's definitely something I wish was fixed, where the data was stored in the phone and/or iCloud so you don't lose it. Did you restore it from a backup?

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
That's definitely something I wish was fixed, where the data was stored in the phone and/or iCloud so you don't lose it. Did you restore it from a backup?

hmm.. I think I did, but I could swear I didn't get any activity data back. Maybe somebody else can confirm that!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods