watchOS 2.2.2 available now

Red_Phx82

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: watchOS 2.2.1 available now

I'm trying to figure out will this work fine with my phone because I'm on beta or should I just dl the iOS update for my phone

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

I'm trying to figure out will this work fine with my phone because I'm on beta or should I just dl the iOS update for my phone

Seems that the last beta and the release build do have the same build number (13V420).

So it is not possible to update via the Apple watch app. It is saying that 2.2.1 is already installed.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

Updated too but so far can't spot any differences yet. Just hope batt life could be pushed up a wee bit more. ;)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Seems that the last beta and the release build do have the same build number (13V420).

So it is not possible to update via the Apple watch app. It is saying that 2.2.1 is already installed.

I was surprised with that beta being like 6 weeks old that there wasn't a newer version released. And I'll be honest, this version has some issues.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

The difference in speed compared to 2.2 is night and day.

I actually enjoy using 3rd party apps on my watch now!

Thegoat8664

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

my battery life took a sudden nose dive, took it off the charger around noon, 7.5 hrs later and im at 17%. I used to be able to take it off in the morning and finally need to drop it on the charger on the second evening(not wearing as i slept). I restored as new and didnt install any apps and it really hasnt improved much. Im giving it a couple more days and then im calling apple (nearest store is a few hours away)

this is first time ive ever had an issue after an update in all my iphones/ipads/macs history. kind of bummed.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

my battery life took a sudden nose dive, took it off the charger around noon, 7.5 hrs later and im at 17%. I used to be able to take it off in the morning and finally need to drop it on the charger on the second evening(not wearing as i slept). I restored as new and didnt install any apps and it really hasnt improved much. Im giving it a couple more days and then im calling apple (nearest store is a few hours away)

this is first time ive ever had an issue after an update in all my iphones/ipads/macs history. kind of bummed.

Have you tried rebooting both devices (phone and watch)?

Thegoat8664

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Well, Wednesday night(around 11pm) I chatted with Apple and tried to run diagnostics, but the watch had stopped communicating with my iPhone. I tried more restores but it just wasn't happening. Had a box in my possession the next day, they got it Friday and sent out a replacement same afternoon and it arrived before lunch today. So I guess there was something actually wrong my Apple Watch Sport.

Was very impressed and pleased with how quickly and completely Apple remedied my issue.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to wait until I get home ... I stopped bringing my Watch charger to work with me. It's kinda ridiculous to require it to be plugged in for a 16MB x.x.2 update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711