Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    0pusX's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,485 Global Posts

    Default Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I really miss the friends/social aspect of FItbit, but I love the technology aspect of my Apple Watch.

    Does anyone use both?

    I was thinking of grabbing a Fitbit Alta for everyday use, and then keeping my Apple Watch for when I am not outside working, or not working out.

    Does anyone wear both, all the time??
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Yes. I have the Fitbit Surge and One. I usually have the AW on my wrist and my One clipped to my body somewhere. I wear the surge to run and sleep. The AW isn't dependable for running so I don't always have it with me. I use SyncSolver to sync data between Fitbit and Health app.
    0pusX likes this.
  3. #3  
    dgreening's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Yes, I wear both. I have the AW on the left wrist and the Alta on the right. I don't think I could do any larger Fitbit but the Alta is thin enough and doesn't feel awkward to me. I do check to see if the steps match and they are close but it allows me to be on the leaderboards and do challenges with my co-workers. I also use it for the silent alarms and charge the AW at night. I do not turn on the notifications on the Alta because I want them on the AW. I have thought about trying other options but this is working for me.
    mumfoau likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I don't see the need for both. I have the Fitbit HR and never use it. May sell it at some point.
  5. #5  
    emanwis's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I wear both the watch and the FB Flex. AW on left, FB Flex on the right. I only do this because our extended family are big into the challenges. I really wish that the AW could be used for this but understand from a business perspective why it doesn't.
  6. #6  
    PatrickNSF's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    85 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I switch off between wearing an Apple Watch and a Garmin 235 (now 735) as my daily wear watch. But when I wear the AW, I wear a small Garmin vivosmart on my right wrist. I like the social aspect of step tracking with friends in the Garmin ecosystem.

    If Garmin read AW steps, or if Apple comes up with a social aspect to activity/step tracking, I'd happily stop using the vivosmart.
    runner7395 likes this.
  7. #7  
    Kevin Webb2's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I use a Charge on my right wrist and Apple watch on left....the Apple watch feels generally useless to me as a fitness device. I would switch full time to the fitbit watch, but i like to wear the charge when I play soccer, the watch would be a stretch.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Webb2 View Post
    I use a Charge on my right wrist and Apple watch on left....the Apple watch feels generally useless to me as a fitness device. I would switch full time to the fitbit watch, but i like to wear the charge when I play soccer, the watch would be a stretch.
    Out of curiosity, what does the Fitbit offer in the way of fitness tracking that the Apple Watch doesn't?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    Out of curiosity, what does the Fitbit offer in the way of fitness tracking that the Apple Watch doesn't?
    It tracks floors climbed. There are multiple form factors to choose from so you can have a slimmer profile if you don't want it to look like a watch. I think the UI of the mobile app is better than Apple's.
    Rob Phillips and mumfoau like this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    It tracks floors climbed. There are multiple form factors to choose from so you can have a slimmer profile if you don't want it to look like a watch. I think the UI of the mobile app is better than Apple's.
    Thanks! I've never liked that Apple Watch doesn't have an altimeter or a barometer.
    DarlaMack likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    Thanks! I've never liked that Apple Watch doesn't have an altimeter or a barometer.
    Yea. Especially at the price point. The more I use my AW, the more meh I feel about it. I really hope the next model is better.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    It tracks floors climbed. There are multiple form factors to choose from so you can have a slimmer profile if you don't want it to look like a watch. I think the UI of the mobile app is better than Apple's.
    Also the social aspect. Seeing what your friends are doing may give you some extra motivation to take the stairs instead of the elevator. Or walk to lunch rather than drive.
    eyecrispy likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Also the social aspect. Seeing what your friends are doing may give you some extra motivation to take the stairs instead of the elevator. Or walk to lunch rather than drive.
    Oh yea. How did I miss that! That's huge. Lol.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Also the social aspect. Seeing what your friends are doing may give you some extra motivation to take the stairs instead of the elevator. Or walk to lunch rather than drive.
    Another good argument for Fitbit. Apple is missing a really big opportunity by not integrating social media into Apple Watch's fitness app. Hopefully we see some big improvements with watchOS 3.
    eyecrispy and robertk328 like this.
  15. #15  
    suitebliss's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    126 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I sold my Apple Watch a couple of months ago because I really missed to social aspect of the Fitbit, so I purchased the Fitbit Blaze, but I really miss my Apple Watch. Is there any word if the next Apple Watch will have to social capabilities of the Fitbit or not. I know more people with Fitbits than AW's. I'm thinking of purchasing the apple watch and getting an alta for my other wrist. I really wish Apple would catch up to its competitors.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by suitebliss View Post
    I sold my Apple Watch a couple of months ago because I really missed to social aspect of the Fitbit, so I purchased the Fitbit Blaze, but I really miss my Apple Watch. Is there any word if the next Apple Watch will have to social capabilities of the Fitbit or not. I know more people with Fitbits than AW's. I'm thinking of purchasing the apple watch and getting an alta for my other wrist. I really wish Apple would catch up to its competitors.
    There just aren't nearly enough people who Apple watches that make the social aspect worthwhile to me right now. Everyone I know has a Fitbit but I literally only know 3-4 people with AWs. And they're not the kind of folks who care about fitness.
    suitebliss likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by suitebliss View Post
    I sold my Apple Watch a couple of months ago because I really missed to social aspect of the Fitbit, so I purchased the Fitbit Blaze, but I really miss my Apple Watch. Is there any word if the next Apple Watch will have to social capabilities of the Fitbit or not. I know more people with Fitbits than AW's. I'm thinking of purchasing the apple watch and getting an alta for my other wrist. I really wish Apple would catch up to its competitors.
    In watchOS 3 they're adding some social stuff but not on the level as Fitbit still. IIRC it's all on the watch too, I don't think it's in the watch app.
    suitebliss likes this.
  18. #18  
    rws381's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I use both sometimes. I have two Fitbits, Flex and Blaze. If I am working out (lifting, running or cycling mostly) I wear my Blaze, also sleep with it on most of the time for resting heart rate and sleep tracking.

    During the day when I am at work or just lounging around I'll use a Flex and my Apple Watch.

    This process seems to be working out well. I have always found Fitbit to be better exercise tracking than Apple Watch but still get to use my Apple Watch which I truly do like. Just am not a fan of the workout tracking on it when compared to Fitbit.
    suitebliss and eyecrispy like this.
  19. #19  
    suitebliss's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    126 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Just purchased my apple watch back, but thinking about going with the Fitbit Alta just to keep me up with the rest of the fitness community. I can't see myself wearing the AW and the Blaze.

    Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem with the apple watch.
  20. #20  
    rws381's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by suitebliss View Post
    Just purchased my apple watch back, but thinking about going with the Fitbit Alta just to keep me up with the rest of the fitness community. I can't see myself wearing the AW and the Blaze.

    Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem with the apple watch.
    Enjoy, this format that I have been using seems to be working well.

    Just to be clear, I don't wear both Blaze and AW at the same time either. It's AW+Flex or Blaze only.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by suitebliss View Post
    Just purchased my apple watch back, but thinking about going with the Fitbit Alta just to keep me up with the rest of the fitness community. I can't see myself wearing the AW and the Blaze.

    Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem with the apple watch.
    Get a One, and keep it in your pocket or attach to your keychain. Then you can take advantage of the great features of the Apple Watch while using the exercise/community aspect that is so great about the Fitbit.
    martinp13 and cardan08 like this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Get a One, and keep it in your pocket or attach to your keychain. Then you can take advantage of the great features of the Apple Watch while using the exercise/community aspect that is so great about the Fitbit.
    This is what I do.
    robertk328 and martinp13 like this.
  23. #23  
    martinp13's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I have the One on a cord around my neck, and an AW. I use the One for step data.
  24. #24  
    p51
    p51 is offline
    p51's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I use an AW on my left wrist & a Fitbit flex on my right wrist to test discrepancies between steps counted.
    I am currently testing a Garmin Fenix 3 HR which I am liking a lot, especially since the battery has lasted almost 2 weeks between charges, which addresses my biggest gripe about the AW...battery life.
    The AW was a great first step into helping me taking a more active role in my health.
    I hope Apple continues to incorporate more fitness stuff into the watch & can increase battery life going forward.
    Can't wait for expanded capabilities in forthcoming models.
    eyecrispy likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by p51 View Post
    I use an AW on my left wrist & a Fitbit flex on my right wrist to test discrepancies between steps counted.
    I am currently testing a Garmin Fenix 3 HR which I am liking a lot, especially since the battery has lasted almost 2 weeks between charges, which addresses my biggest gripe about the AW...battery life.
    The AW was a great first step into helping me taking a more active role in my health.
    I hope Apple continues to incorporate more fitness stuff into the watch & can increase battery life going forward.
    Can't wait for expanded capabilities in forthcoming models.
    I've definitely worn the Fitbit surge and AW on opposite to test discrepancies. I'm sure people thought I was nuts.
    robertk328 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Apple rumored to be planning an end to iTunes music purchases
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 04:51 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 03:47 PM
  3. What protocol is used by the win sparkle to check for upgrades? HTTPS?
    By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 09:36 AM
  4. Five fab ways to use Snapchat's new one-handed zoom
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 09:12 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 12:24 AM

Posting Permissions