Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I recently returned my Fenix 3 HR in order to give my AW (which I've had since last summer) a chance to grow on me again.
The AW is a TERRIFIC product, no doubt about it.
My primary reason for purchasing one was the HR monitor and becoming more active. Triaging messages w/out having to grab my phone was a secondary benefit.
As of right NOW, in terms of fitness tracking & the more active lifestyle I'm hoping to lead, the Fenix blows the AW out of the water..despite crappy software (connect app) & limited smart watch functionality.
That being said, I fully expect Apple & the AW to become the dominant player in the fitness tracking space within the next few years, but until then I will be going back to the Fenix 3 HR.

I agree Apple needs to step their game up in making the Fitness Aspect of the watch more "Fitness" I mean I do own the "Sport" version. I shouldn't have had to purchase an Alta along side my AW, but until then, AW on my left and Alta on my right.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree Apple needs to step their game up in making the Fitness Aspect of the watch more "Fitness" I mean I do own the "Sport" version. I shouldn't have had to purchase an Alta along side my AW, but until then, AW on my left and Alta on my right.

What is it that you like to see Apple implement?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm since today a proud owner of an Watch and have had the Fitbit Charge HR for 3 months now.
I'm still trying to decide if I keep the Fitbit or sell it.

If I sell it, I will miss the sleeping option the most.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm since today a proud owner of an Watch and have had the Fitbit Charge HR for 3 months now.
I'm still trying to decide if I keep the Fitbit or sell it.

If I sell it, I will miss the sleeping option the most.

My Charge HR is in the bottom of my work bag with a dead battery and I keep forgetting to list it for sale!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I'm with you. The AW is an ok fitness device but not as robust as Fitbit and definitely not as good for serious athletes as Garmin.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
With sleeping app you have to start and stop the sleep session yourself. And you have to keep the phone next to your pillow for accurate reading of movements.

Fitbit does that on its own by keeping track of your heart beat and movement of the wrist it's located.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods