Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47
Like Tree31Likes
  1. #26  
    p51
    p51 is offline
    p51's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    I've definitely worn the Fitbit surge and AW on opposite to test discrepancies. I'm sure people thought I was nuts.
    Hahaha.
    Today I had the AW on my left wrist & the Fenix 3 HR & Fitbit Flex on my right wrist.
    Glad to know I'm not crazy alone lol!!
    robertk328 and eyecrispy like this.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by p51 View Post
    Hahaha.
    Today I had the AW on my left wrist & the Fenix 3 HR & Fitbit Flex on my right wrist.
    Glad to know I'm not crazy alone lol!!
    I am doing that less now but once in awhile I still strap stuff on both wrists. And then I'm running and looking at both wrists to see my HR or pace. I'm ridiculous.
  3. #28  
    p51
    p51 is offline
    p51's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecrispy View Post
    I am doing that less now but once in awhile I still strap stuff on both wrists. And then I'm running and looking at both wrists to see my HR or pace. I'm ridiculous.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to get rid of at least one of these devices. If not for the battery life, especially after a workout, the AW would be my primary fitness device.
    eyecrispy likes this.
  4. #29  
    runner7395's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by p51 View Post
    Hahaha.
    Today I had the AW on my left wrist & the Fenix 3 HR & Fitbit Flex on my right wrist.
    Glad to know I'm not crazy alone lol!!
    Wow, so glad I'm not the only person who did this! Now I'm down to 2. I don't wear the Fitbit anymore but love my Fenix 3HR. It's taking the place of my Apple Watch for everyday use. I still wear the both when I run.
  5. #30  
    p51
    p51 is offline
    p51's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by runner7395 View Post
    Wow, so glad I'm not the only person who did this! Now I'm down to 2. I don't wear the Fitbit anymore but love my Fenix 3HR. It's taking the place of my Apple Watch for everyday use. I still wear the both when I run.
    The Fenix 3 HR is a great device. I also wear it daily as my default watch.
    Despite the size difference, it's actually lighter on the wrist than the AW.
    LOVE that I don't have to charge it daily.
    Will probably hold on to the AW to check out watch OS 3 when it launches.
    runner7395 likes this.
  6. #31  
    jayzero76's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    When I had an iPhone I used a apple watch and a jawbone up 2 just for sleep tracking. Worked really good
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I was using both but have since gone exclusively Apple Watch. My Fitbit Charge HR is just riding around in my work bag, likely with a dead battery.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    I was using both but have since gone exclusively Apple Watch. My Fitbit Charge HR is just riding around in my work bag, likely with a dead battery.
    When I got my Charge HR, I neglected the Flex. Not sure the Flex even holds a charge anymore.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    When I got my Charge HR, I neglected the Flex. Not sure the Flex even holds a charge anymore.
    Shoot, might just Craigslist my HR
    eyecrispy likes this.
  10. #35  
    p51
    p51 is offline
    p51's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I do believe that dedicated fitness trackers will more than likely die out in the next few years. Probably by the time we get to an Apple Watch 3 or 4.
    As much as I like my Garmin Fenix (it's a GREAT fitness tracker) it falls short in many places compared to the AW. The software is terrible & user interface is meh at best.
    mumfoau likes this.
  11. #36  
    suitebliss's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I just posted my Blaze and order an Alta.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    Shoot, might just Craigslist my HR
    Give it a try... Mine was off the charger a while. Not sure what kind of battery is in it. Probably should have stored it with some charge and the tracker turned off.
  13. #38  
    madridmorell1's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Hi,

    I have a FitBit Charge HR and i keep using it due to the social aspect of Fitbit.

    I love my Apple Watch and wish they had a way to integrate the Fitbit app with the Apple Watch
  14. #39  
    ruger141's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I use my Garmin Vivo Active with chest strap for my weight Lifting, Cardio and Runs, the AW is pitiful for fitness Imo. The Garmin lights up brightly in sunlight while my AW is impossible to see unless I cup a hand over it. I can glance at the Garmin and see the screen at any angle where the AW I have to flick my wrist just right or hold it awkwardly as I run a few steps to read it. My Garmin displays multiple pieces of useful data on the screen at once such as Pace, HR, Lap Time, Total Time, Cadence and I can customize each screen as I see fit. It allows me to set an auto lap or manual where I can touch the capacitive button to end a lap-very useful for my interval runs where I like to separate slow laps from fast laps. I gave the AW a couple chances during runs and a few weight lifting sessions and just found it to not be useful. For lifting weights I use an app callex JeFit and would rather interface with it on my phone than count reps on the watch.
    So my conclusion, my Apple Watch may be pretty and kind of neat, but it's far from useful for actual fitness. I reach for my Garmin when I want a real useful tool.

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
    runner7395 likes this.
  15. #40  
    p51
    p51 is offline
    p51's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by ruger141 View Post
    I use my Garmin Vivo Active with chest strap for my weight Lifting, Cardio and Runs, the AW is pitiful for fitness Imo. The Garmin lights up brightly in sunlight while my AW is impossible to see unless I cup a hand over it. I can glance at the Garmin and see the screen at any angle where the AW I have to flick my wrist just right or hold it awkwardly as I run a few steps to read it. My Garmin displays multiple pieces of useful data on the screen at once such as Pace, HR, Lap Time, Total Time, Cadence and I can customize each screen as I see fit. It allows me to set an auto lap or manual where I can touch the capacitive button to end a lap-very useful for my interval runs where I like to separate slow laps from fast laps. I gave the AW a couple chances during runs and a few weight lifting sessions and just found it to not be useful. For lifting weights I use an app callex JeFit and would rather interface with it on my phone than count reps on the watch.
    So my conclusion, my Apple Watch may be pretty and kind of neat, but it's far from useful for actual fitness. I reach for my Garmin when I want a real useful tool.

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
    I recently returned my Fenix 3 HR in order to give my AW (which I've had since last summer) a chance to grow on me again.
    The AW is a TERRIFIC product, no doubt about it.
    My primary reason for purchasing one was the HR monitor and becoming more active. Triaging messages w/out having to grab my phone was a secondary benefit.
    As of right NOW, in terms of fitness tracking & the more active lifestyle I'm hoping to lead, the Fenix blows the AW out of the water..despite crappy software (connect app) & limited smart watch functionality.
    That being said, I fully expect Apple & the AW to become the dominant player in the fitness tracking space within the next few years, but until then I will be going back to the Fenix 3 HR.
    runner7395 and suitebliss like this.
  16. #41  
    suitebliss's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by p51 View Post
    I recently returned my Fenix 3 HR in order to give my AW (which I've had since last summer) a chance to grow on me again.
    The AW is a TERRIFIC product, no doubt about it.
    My primary reason for purchasing one was the HR monitor and becoming more active. Triaging messages w/out having to grab my phone was a secondary benefit.
    As of right NOW, in terms of fitness tracking & the more active lifestyle I'm hoping to lead, the Fenix blows the AW out of the water..despite crappy software (connect app) & limited smart watch functionality.
    That being said, I fully expect Apple & the AW to become the dominant player in the fitness tracking space within the next few years, but until then I will be going back to the Fenix 3 HR.
    I agree Apple needs to step their game up in making the Fitness Aspect of the watch more "Fitness" I mean I do own the "Sport" version. I shouldn't have had to purchase an Alta along side my AW, but until then, AW on my left and Alta on my right.
    eyecrispy likes this.
  17. #42  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,698 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,626 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by suitebliss View Post
    I agree Apple needs to step their game up in making the Fitness Aspect of the watch more "Fitness" I mean I do own the "Sport" version. I shouldn't have had to purchase an Alta along side my AW, but until then, AW on my left and Alta on my right.
    What is it that you like to see Apple implement?
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    I'm since today a proud owner of an Watch and have had the Fitbit Charge HR for 3 months now.
    I'm still trying to decide if I keep the Fitbit or sell it.

    If I sell it, I will miss the sleeping option the most.
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    I'm since today a proud owner of an Watch and have had the Fitbit Charge HR for 3 months now.
    I'm still trying to decide if I keep the Fitbit or sell it.

    If I sell it, I will miss the sleeping option the most.
    My Charge HR is in the bottom of my work bag with a dead battery and I keep forgetting to list it for sale!
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by suitebliss View Post
    I agree Apple needs to step their game up in making the Fitness Aspect of the watch more "Fitness" I mean I do own the "Sport" version. I shouldn't have had to purchase an Alta along side my AW, but until then, AW on my left and Alta on my right.
    I'm with you. The AW is an ok fitness device but not as robust as Fitbit and definitely not as good for serious athletes as Garmin.
    mumfoau likes this.
  21. #46  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    If I sell it, I will miss the sleeping option the most.
    Have you considered any of the sleep tracking apps?
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Apple Watch + Fitbit? Anyone use BOTH?

    With sleeping app you have to start and stop the sleep session yourself. And you have to keep the phone next to your pillow for accurate reading of movements.

    Fitbit does that on its own by keeping track of your heart beat and movement of the wrist it's located.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Apple rumored to be planning an end to iTunes music purchases
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 04:51 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 03:47 PM
  3. What protocol is used by the win sparkle to check for upgrades? HTTPS?
    By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 09:36 AM
  4. Five fab ways to use Snapchat's new one-handed zoom
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 09:12 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 12:24 AM

Posting Permissions