- iMore Intermediate
- 110 Posts
Getting new iPhone 6s Plus
Any tips or tricks I should be aware of when I unpair my watch from the old phone and pair it to the new one? I've done my research and it says to unpair the watch first, then do an icloud backup of the phone. Next, is to turn on new phone and restore from backup. When that's all done, I can pair my watch to the new phone. Have I missed anything crucial? I certainly don't want to mess anything up!!
- 04-28-2016, 11:41 AM #2
Re: Getting new iPhone 6s Plus
Sounds good to me. Basically you need to unpair before the backup so it doesn't try to carry any pairing security parameters from the old phone to the new phone (wrong device, it might confuse the poor thing). Other than that it should be just the same steps as changing any other phone. If you're using Apple Pay that is also specific to one hardware so you will probably need to setup cards again for security.
- By TT_Dork in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-01-2016, 07:22 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 04-28-2016, 05:42 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone SEReplies: 2Last Post: 04-28-2016, 12:09 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-28-2016, 05:33 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-28-2016, 04:12 AM