Apple Watches everywhere!

pwrof3

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Just recently moved to the Bay Area (East Bay - Concord) and I am surprised at how many people I see with the Watch. I work retail on the weekends and the number of people not only owning the Watch, but using it for Apple Pay has all but tripled since just 3 months ago when I lived in Los Angeles (and also worked retail).
Now, I know I am in Apple's "home" area as it were, so I was wondering if others from around the globe are seeing the same uptick.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm starting to see more people wearing an Watch in my area, too.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've seen a few here in Ohio. I did see one man walking in a torrential downpour the other day. I could not believe he wasn't doing anything to protect it. I'm so paranoid about my iPhone or iPad getting wet!

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't ever see anyone with an Apple watch, but I think that will change when the weather gets warmer and we are wearing short sleeves!:)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Working at the Mall I see a lot of Apple Watches as well as interest in our bands so we bought 38 and 42 mil lugs to accommodate them

Funny how many above 60 yrs wearing them as well

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Working at the Mall I see a lot of Apple Watches as well as interest in our bands so we bought 38 and 42 mil lugs to accommodate them

Funny how many above 60 yrs wearing them as well

Yep, I'm over 60 and I wear one. When I switch to my Note 5 I also wear my Gear S2. Some of us old geezers enjoy new fangled devices. ;)

tk857

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I haven't spotted an Apple Watch in the wild yet, in Vancouver. Not a lot of people discussing about it either. It's a bust I say.

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a friend that loves his. I think I may get it in the future, as it will rekindle my memories of Power Rangers contacting Zordon. lol

Oh and I live in Anaheim of southern California.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a few here in Ohio. I did see one man walking in a torrential downpour the other day. I could not believe he wasn't doing anything to protect it. I'm so paranoid about my iPhone or iPad getting wet!

the watch is water resistant. you can take a shower with it on, but you can't submerge (swim) with it. Getting it wet doesn't hurt it.
your phone and ipad are Not water resistant.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I'm over 60 and I wear one. When I switch to my Note 5 I also wear my Gear S2. Some of us old geezers enjoy new fangled devices. ;)

off subject but can you give me your opinion on the gear S2? I have S7 and iphone SE and i am thinking of returning the S7 because I like the Apple Watch so much.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just recently moved to the Bay Area (East Bay - Concord) and I am surprised at how many people I see with the Watch. I work retail on the weekends and the number of people not only owning the Watch, but using it for Apple Pay has all but tripled since just 3 months ago when I lived in Los Angeles (and also worked retail).
Now, I know I am in Apple's "home" area as it were, so I was wondering if others from around the globe are seeing the same uptick.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I'm so jelly I want to live in the bay!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Upstate SC USA here. I've not really noticed any other Apple Watches here, but then again I've only had mine 4 days after being an Android user for 8 years. :) But now I'll be on the lookout for more people using them.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Not tons here. I only know 3-4 others who have AWs. I get big eyed looks when I use it for Apple Pay. Funny thing is, I went to a work thing in Grand Rapids, MI last month and I'd say 1/3-1/2 of the 70+ folks there had AWs. It was really weird to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro