Want To Buy Apple Watch

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
What do you think about this watch? Does it worth the money?

To me it's worth ever penny. Which model are you thinking about? Remember they all have the same internals so you'll get the same performance out of the Sport model as the most expensive model.

AndroidDario

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I would like to go for a 42 Sport, maybe in gold. I would like to know if the watch, once matched with the iPhone is useful. And what about the iPhone's battery life, once it has been paired with the watch?
I started to think about the Apple Watch when I started looking for a sport watch (for running) but all the alternatives don't look good as good as the Apple Watch.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
The Apple Watch is worth every penny! I absolutely love my watch and it's one of the main reasons I came back to Apple from Android.

I use the Apple Watch for mountain biking and running using Strava. I can launch Strava right from the watch and it keeps my heart rate information as well. Love it!!!

I also use the built in maps feature a lot and turn by turn goes directly to the watch which is awesome for me.

I was using a Note 5/Gear S watch and it doesn't come close to the user friendliness of the Apple stuff.

AndroidDario

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
The Apple Watch is worth every penny! I absolutely love my watch and it's one of the main reasons I came back to Apple from Android.

I use the Apple Watch for mountain biking and running using Strava. I can launch Strava right from the watch and it keeps my heart rate information as well. Love it!!!

I also use the built in maps feature a lot and turn by turn goes directly to the watch which is awesome for me.

I was using a Note 5/Gear S watch and it doesn't come close to the user friendliness of the Apple stuff.

Is Strava a running app?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I held off on buying one until Best Buy had its $100 off sale right before Easter. While I'm still getting used to it, I absolutely love it and am glad I bought it, even if a new model might be out later this year. I'm a runner, too, and while the Watch isn't perfect with its measurements, it's far from horrible, either. I got the 42 Sport gold with the midnight blue band, and it's definitely a looker.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Depends on who you are. Are you really into health and want something to track your activity? Are you constantly getting texts, emails, etc, that you need to keep up with while wanting to take a break from your phone? Then the apple watch would be good for you. Keep in mind that the watch is supposed to be minimalistic, so it might not have a bunch of cool new functions like new ipads and new iphones do.

People say the best feature is notifications, but even if you're not obsessed with answering people it's still cool to try things out sometimes. Although you might not want to spend 400$ or more if you're just going to use it as a watch. Just try to stay in keeping with your needs and your bank account.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy one myself, but I am considering waiting for the second gen as we are way into the life of this first gen. That wait looks like it is going to be at least another year.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
i have the Sport 42, i put off buying it but i got it as a present from my family. i must say, it's a great watch. the notifications on your watch makes you not look at your phone as much which is good, the workout apps (Activity and Nike+) are great, helps you stay in shape. has not affected my iPhones battery life at all.

BUT at the end of the day it is still a watch. it depends on the person, if your are going to over use the Watch, (text, calls, games) sure it can be a good thing but you can also drain it's battery faster and that might be frustrating. so it truly depends, and you wont know until you own one, we are all different and use it differently.

Buckeye2009

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I have the Sport 38 in rose gold. I really love it. I probably don't use it to its full potential though. I like being able to get notifications while I'm exercising.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the 38MM SS and I LOVE it! It definitely replaces my need to look at my phone when I'm at work and gives a bit more discreteness in doing so.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I also have the 38MM Sports Watch (Rose Gold with Lavender band), and love it immensely. I find that I don't look at my phone as often, and also returned the Misfit Shine since the watch does everything I need for fitness tracking. I have very few notifications set up though. Just texts, phone calls, and calendar reminders.

The only thing that I wish it did is count stairs climbed.. but it doesn't have a barometer. We have a 3 story home, and I find it a lot easier now that I don't have to carry my phone with me all over the house.

I have a thing for collecting watches, but never thought Id take off my Fossil. /hugs her Apple Watch.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that I wish it did is count stairs climbed.. but it doesn't have a barometer. We have a 3 story home, and I find it a lot easier now that I don't have to carry my phone with me all over the house.

I know it defeats the purpose somewhat, but your 6s has a barometer so as long as you have your phone with you, it'll calculate and put into Health.app.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have owned the Apple Watch Sport three times. The first two times I liked it but this last time I finally love it. I have the 42MM Sport in Space Grey. I recently tried the Fit Bit Alta thinking I could find a cheap replacement for the Watch but couldn't.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I like mine a great deal but I don't' love it (yet). It is much better for fitness than I thought and it is beautiful and I love that you can change bands depending on the occasion. I don't love the battery life and how slow it is to load apps. I did not pay full price for it (bought on Craigslist for a great deal) because I feel the price point is too high. Do I regret the purchase? No. Does it have great potential? Yes. Do I love it completely? No, but I am getting there and I think the next gen may tip me over.

AndroidDario

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
That's the point: better waiting for the next generation? Think the battery would be improved, while now you need to charge it everyday, and still wonder if the Bluetooth connection affects the iPhone's battery.
Last but not least, is the Watch really useful?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner