Want To Buy Apple Watch

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
That's the point: better waiting for the next generation? Think the battery would be improved, while now you need to charge it everyday, and still wonder if the Bluetooth connection affects the iPhone's battery.
Last but not least, is the Watch really useful?

I expect the next gen will come out later this year, but don't know for sure.

Bluetooth doesn't impact my phone battery much ... At least not noticeably. To give you an idea, I have at least, sometimes 3 or 4 things bluetoothed to my phone at any given time and don't notice a big impact on battery. As I type this, I have my AW and Fitbit both bluetoothed to my phone and I'm at 77% batter and have been off the charger over 7 hours.

Yes, the watch is useful, but some may find it to be too much. Some folks don't like to be "bothered" by it. I've been using smart watches since the original Pebble came out, so am kind of lost without it.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I know it defeats the purpose somewhat, but your 6s has a barometer so as long as you have your phone with you, it'll calculate and put into Health.app.

I'll try to spare you from a tangent lol.... a lot of companies that make women's pants have decided we either don't need pockets or that we only need pockets 2 inches deep. :mad:

CRASHFIRE

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I took mine back. Totally not worth the money. Just an overpriced watch that tells you when you get a text or email. Sure the notifications are cool, but I can get them on my iPhone. The watch doesn't do anything your phone can't do other than track your heart rate (which is inconsistent and doesn't work right when exercising). I wore my Polar watch and heart rate chest strap at the same time and the Apple watch was way off and couldn't keep a constant measurement of my heart rate while I was exercising. You have to be still to get it to ride right all the time. I am glad many people like the watch but it is useless beyond being a watch. Especially considering it doesn't work without your phone within' range of it. It would be better if you could use it independently of your phone, but still not perfect or worth the money.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
How long does the battery last? What's the allowed range between the iPhone and the Watch?

Battery life leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion. I have to charge mine everyday. My typical use case is to do my early morning run/workout, which drains 15-20% of the battery easily. I put it on the charger while I shower and get dressed and leave the house with it fully charged. By the time I go to bed between 10 and 11pm, it's between 15 and 35% depending on the day.

As for range, I'd guess 30 feet?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Battery life leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion. I have to charge mine everyday. My typical use case is to do my early morning run/workout, which drains 15-20% of the battery easily. I put it on the charger while I shower and get dressed and leave the house with it fully charged. By the time I go to bed between 10 and 11pm, it's between 15 and 35% depending on the day.

As for range, I'd guess 30 feet?

Mine's been better than that but guess it all depends on how much you tax the system. :) I put it on one morning about 4am, had it on airplane mode for about 2 hours, wore it all day, airplane mode for about 2 hours, then back on the charger at 1am with 47% left of the battery. That was last year though, and the watch was only a month or so old. I've had it on since about 5am this morning, I'll have to look at it tonight when it goes on the charger...

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
it's between 15 and 35% depending on the day.
I find that I'm easily attaining about 50 to 60% of battery life on my watch. I work out anywhere from 30 minutes to 90, depending on my schedule, I also use the watch for notifications, and weather apps but that's about it. I really don't run other apps, or take calls on the watch.

I will say that when I go out for a long run, say 8 to 10 miles, the watch won't last the day for me. It dies about 7:00pm, which is about the time I'm working out in karate.

I typically on charge it over night, though I've learned to charge it while showering after one of those long runs.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My Watch (42mm stainless steel) was worth every penny. I'm a watch guy to begin with so the added functionality to something I was already wearing on my wrist is welcomed and appreciated. I'm very busy during the day but get a ton of calls and texts from clients so it's nice to be able to take a quick glance at my watch during meetings.
Playing Devil's advocate, I love my watch but I don't feel that I NEED my watch. In contrast, I NEED my iPhone. If you can afford an Apple Watch get one. Otherwise, you'll be just fine without one.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I love my watch but I don't feel that I NEED my watch.
Its definitely a luxury item. My usage dictated that the sport made more sense. The thing I like about the AW, is that I get notifcations while teaching karate, which is not my main job. If I get paged (which comes by way of a text), I need to be aware of this, which I cannot when I'm teaching the kids karate as my phone is in my gym bag.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro