Video: Siri on Apple Watch unlocking/locking doors, opening garage door

simonx314

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

Check out this video of an iPhone and Apple Watch controlling a home full of HomeKit devices. The Apple Watch is slower to control a home, but requires less effort. If you ask an iPhone to unlock/open a door, Siri says you must first unlock your iPhone. If you ask the Watch, Siri will unlock the door without any additional steps. That's one of the advantages of having a wearable that is permanently authenticated (until you take it off).

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Nice setup. it's an expensive setup!!! But very useful and economical in today's tech world!!!

Can you share the spec's and applications being used

simonx314

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Pause the video and look for the text that shows what devices/software ares used in each segment of the video. I bought almost all of these gadgets for substantially less than retail price from ebay or used on Amazon.

Last edited:

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I would absolutely love this setup. But I wouldn't be alive long enough to enjoy it. My house mate hates technology with a passion. And it's her house by the way, if I were to do this the first lock would have to be on my bedroom door, or I might meet my demise while sleeping!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73