Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    585 Posts

    Default Adhesive loss

    Went to take my watch off the dock this morning and this happened
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    585 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

  3. #3  
    Snoweagle's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    251 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Oh dear looks bad! Usually this wouldn't happen at all. Able to bring it back to Apple to have it replaced?
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    585 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Oh dear looks bad! Usually this wouldn't happen at all. Able to bring it back to Apple to have it replaced?
    Yea I'll have to make it a little weekend trip since the nearest store is 2hours away for me
  5. #5  
    brianminor's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    33 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    That's awful. If your willing to wait longer to save the trip you couple call or contact support via the website. I had mine brick because of a beta back in the summer and got a new one shipped out to me.
    robertk328 and kazp3r17 like this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    I've read about this. How old is your watch? I always slide mine off the dock rather than pull, for this reason.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by brianminor View Post
    That's awful. If your willing to wait longer to save the trip you couple call or contact support via the website. I had mine brick because of a beta back in the summer and got a new one shipped out to me.
    Yes call it in vs take it in. Seems to be quicker.
  8. #8  
    edswife1970's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    124 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Wow, I didn't know that could happen! Hope you get it fixed or replaced quickly.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    585 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    I've read about this. How old is your watch? I always slide mine off the dock rather than pull, for this reason.
    Almost a year old now. I slide it off sometimes too, but I think the magnetic pull is just too strong for it to stay on now.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by kazp3r17 View Post
    Almost a year old now. I slide it off sometimes too, but I think the magnetic pull is just too strong for it to stay on now.
    Definitely needs to be repaired. Did you get AppleCare with it?
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    585 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Definitely needs to be repaired. Did you get AppleCare with it?
    Yea, I went with apple care for this device
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by kazp3r17 View Post
    Yea, I went with apple care for this device
    Ok! Keep us posted on how they handle it, please.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    585 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Talked to apple today and still have to make the drive. Asked if I could send it in, was told that I would be charged for accidental wear and tear of user.
  14. #14  
    tsparks1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    375 Posts
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by kazp3r17 View Post
    Talked to apple today and still have to make the drive. Asked if I could send it in, was told that I would be charged for accidental wear and tear of user.
    Wow, that's just wrong imo. If this is the case I too would have a 2 hour drive to an Apple store should I have problems with my watch. We paid too much for these watches to have to resort to that.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    585 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by tsparks1 View Post
    Wow, that's just wrong imo. If this is the case I too would have a 2 hour drive to an Apple store should I have problems with my watch. We paid too much for these watches to have to resort to that.
    Exactly and I have did nothing more than baby my watch lol.. The thing is they are sending me to a simply Mac which is in a whole different direction.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by kazp3r17 View Post
    Talked to apple today and still have to make the drive. Asked if I could send it in, was told that I would be charged for accidental wear and tear of user.
    That's weird. Hope they turn it quickly. A Google search will show other instances but I doubt you'll have a problem.
    The_colombian likes this.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    585 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    I called back again and was told the same thing. That I would be charged for the repair after they examine the damage. So what exactly is apple care good for exactly, that I'm having to pay for basically a defect. I've had it on my lap tops it's saved me money. My phones are always put through square trade. So I reckon the next watch I get will be put through them also.
  18. #18  
    squall77's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Hope you get your watch fix soon, so far Apple Care have been doing great in customer service
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by kazp3r17 View Post
    I called back again and was told the same thing. That I would be charged for the repair after they examine the damage. So what exactly is apple care good for exactly, that I'm having to pay for basically a defect. I've had it on my lap tops it's saved me money. My phones are always put through square trade. So I reckon the next watch I get will be put through them also.
    Did you call AppleCare number?

    https://www.apple.com/support/applecare/contact/
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    585 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Yea that's the number I called. Should be getting a box in a couple days to send it in.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    585 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Receive my watch today at no cost.
  22. #22  
    Powarun's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    I'm sorry to hear about the problem. I have heard other reports of this, some people mentioned that even though its water resistant the adhesive may still come off, like in your case. I think that Apple was erring on the side, its you not us till they examine it.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    585 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Powarun View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about the problem. I have heard other reports of this, some people mentioned that even though its water resistant the adhesive may still come off, like in your case. I think that Apple was erring on the side, its you not us till they examine it.
    Pretty much how it was. Until I talked to a 4th person in the department.
  24. #24  
    Snoweagle's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    251 Posts

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by kazp3r17 View Post
    Receive my watch today at no cost.
    Glad to hear it all ends well.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Adhesive loss

    Quote Originally Posted by kazp3r17 View Post
    Receive my watch today at no cost.
    Great! How quick of a turn time was it from the time you sent yours off until you got it back?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2016, 01:38 AM
  2. Why did the update to os9 cause loss of recents?
    By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5s
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2016, 06:55 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2016, 10:58 PM
  4. Best smart scales to track and motivate your weight loss!
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2016, 11:12 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 10:31 PM

Posting Permissions