Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 151
Like Tree96Likes
  1. #101  
    Mac Guy's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    822 Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    I suspect that as colors run out of stock they won't be replaced.

    There's been only one instance I've seen where an out of stock color was later listed as in stock. I'm thinking that part of this is to make the bands somewhat 'exclusive' or limited edition without touting them as such. There's no doubt that Apple could get as many as they want. These are far easier to produce that Watches.

    Like other fashion items that change with seasons, etc., this could be to elevate the bands' position as fashion accessories and not mere commodities. Fashion is fluid.
    Spencerdl likes this.
  2. #102  

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Guy View Post
    I suspect that as colors run out of stock they won't be replaced.

    There's been only one instance I've seen where an out of stock color was later listed as in stock. I'm thinking that part of this is to make the bands somewhat 'exclusive' or limited edition without touting them as such. There's no doubt that Apple could get as many as they want. These are far easier to produce that Watches.

    Like other fashion items that change with seasons, etc., this could be to elevate the bands' position as fashion accessories and not mere commodities. Fashion is fluid.
    In the case of the royal blue sport band I hope you're wrong.
  3. #103  

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    I think he is. It's not like it's a summer color. I guess we will see.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
  4. #104  
    anon(153966)'s Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    2,343 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Right, this Apple Watch band thing is getting out of hand. I have a mortgage and car note to pay. If I'm not careful, I'll own every default Apple Watch band colour, and then some.

    Ugh, make it stop! The bright colours just suit me so well
  5. #105  
    anon(153966)'s Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    2,343 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Hmm, I also think it is time for me to give in, and buy a Pink Woven band. Yes, I do wear pink; supporting the fight for Cancer, anyway possible...
  6. #106  
    Mac Guy's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    822 Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    In the case of the royal blue sport band I hope you're wrong.
    I don't blame you, and wouldn't mind if I was. Then I could get the Fog Sport band*. I'm not sure fog is truly seasonal, it's year round in SF.

    But in the fashion world, the next time spring rolls around, the fashion offerings are similar but not the same as last spring. Just sayin'- if you see something you like in an Apple band, best to carpe while you can. It only takes a moment for the day to be lost.


    *It's no longer listed as an option for 42mm, but it's in stock as a 38mm choice.
    Last edited by Mac Guy; 08-07-2016 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Wishful thinking
  7. #107  

    Default How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    I only own one. The Black Sport band that came with my watch. There are only a few that's available at this time and none of the ones I really like. That's what I get for being late to the  Watch party.
  8. #108  
    Mac Guy's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    822 Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Here's a quick check of availability based on local Apple Store (near me) and online Apple Store for the 42mm Sport bands:

    Check availability:
    Stone

    Currently unavailable:
    Turquoise

    Sold Out:
    Apricot*
    Lilac*
    Lavender*
    Royal Blue
    Vintage Rose*
    Green

    Some colors prompt an Within a week availability for a local Store, so I suspect they're ordering from a warehouse or another store. The 38mm bands will probably have different availability.

    *These may be limited to just runs for the season, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see what comes back.
  9. #109  

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Guy View Post
    I don't blame you, and wouldn't mind if I was. Then I could get the Fog Sport band*. I'm not sure fog is truly seasonal, it's year round in SF.
    I have a fog sport band. Love it. I don't think it's going anywhere.
  10. #110  
    ladyc0524's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,896 Global Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    I just ordered the royal blue nylon band
  11. #111  
    Mac Guy's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    822 Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    I have a fog sport band. Love it. I don't think it's going anywhere.
    It's gone already, in 42mm from: the Apple Store, B&H, Best Buy, and Target. They still have the 38mm, and Target says the 42mm is only available in stores, but there store locator isn't working so they want me to turn on Locations Services. Maybe it'll be back.
  12. #112  
    Mac Guy's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    822 Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyc0524 View Post
    I just ordered the royal blue nylon band
    Third-party?

    I've got a 42mm Pearl Nylon and a 42mm Turquoise Sport coming tomorrow!
  13. #113  

    Default How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    I will probably go to the Apple Store tomorrow and pick up the Black Nylon (42mm). Unless they miraculously got the Black Leather Classic and/or Black Leather Loop overnight. Anything is possible concerning Apple...LOL
  14. #114  
    ladyc0524's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,896 Global Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Guy View Post
    Third-party?

    I've got a 42mm Pearl Nylon and a 42mm Turquoise Sport coming tomorrow!
    No. I ordered from Apple
    Spencerdl likes this.
  15. #115  

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    I've been eyeing the Product Red Sport also. I might walk out with two  watch bands. LOL
  16. #116  
    violetjune's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,311 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,316 Global Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    I've been eyeing the Product Red Sport also. I might walk out with two  watch bands. LOL
    The USA band looks awesome
    Spencerdl likes this.
  17. #117  

    Default How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by violetjune View Post
    The USA band looks awesome
    Yes it does, but I don't have any plans to go to Rio in the next week. LOL

    I wonder if the Apple Store in the Olympic Village have the 42mm Space Black Link Bracelet? With all that money floating around, I bet they do.
  18. #118  
    violetjune's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,311 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,316 Global Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    Yes it does, but I don't have any plans to go to Rio in the next week. LOL

    I wonder if the Apple Store in the Olympic Village have the 42mm Space Black Link Bracelet? With all that money floating around, I bet they do.
    I didn't realize that these bands were so hard to get for the 42mm... Good luck
    Spencerdl likes this.
  19. #119  

    Default How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by violetjune View Post
    I didn't realize that these bands were so hard to get for the 42mm... Good luck
    Yes, almost non existent in the USA ( on line and in my area anyways).
    Thanks.
    violetjune likes this.
  20. #120  
    Frost Forged's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    I was just in my local Apple Store and the band selection was ridiculously picked over. Hoping we get new bands announced early next month at the fall iPhone event.
  21. #121  
    Mac Guy's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    822 Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyc0524 View Post
    No. I ordered from Apple
    Ok, so you got either the Scuba Blue Woven Nylon band or the Royal Blue Sport band.

    I got my Pearl Woven Nylon band and Turquoise Sport band today, and they are AWESOME! Three bands from an eBay vendor Pink told me about, should be here today or tomorrow. Two shades of Gray (Fog and Dark Gray equiv.?) and Yellow. I'm curious to see how they compare up close and personal to the Apple Sports.

    I was going to get a white band but I only have a few more weeks to wear it.
  22. #122  
    ladyc0524's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,896 Global Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Guy View Post
    Ok, so you got either the Scuba Blue Woven Nylon band or the Royal Blue Sport band.

    I got my Pearl Woven Nylon band and Turquoise Sport band today, and they are AWESOME! Three bands from an eBay vendor Pink told me about, should be here today or tomorrow. Two shades of Gray (Fog and Dark Gray equiv.?) and Yellow. I'm curious to see how they compare up close and personal to the Apple Sports.

    I was going to get a white band but I only have a few more weeks to wear it.
    I got the Royal Blue Woven Nylon band for my 38mm watch
  23. #123  

    Default How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost Forged View Post
    I was just in my local Apple Store and the band selection was ridiculously picked over. Hoping we get new bands announced early next month at the fall iPhone event.
    Yup. Same with the Apple Stores near me.
    Last edited by Spencerdl; 08-08-2016 at 09:33 PM.
  24. #124  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Well...maybe I'm the weird one lol. I have 2 additional bands in addition to the 38mm rosegold lavender band my watch came with. Pink & white. As soon as I received them I put the pink band on and have been quite content with it along with my Case-Mate glitter tpu bumper case for it. Just waiting on some spigen glass to show up to protect the screen. I have no plans on ordering anymore color bands or cases. I'm happy with what I've got going on. Now, my phones cases are a different story
  25. #125  
    Mac Guy's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    822 Posts

    Default Re: How many bands and cases do u have & do u change em a lot?

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyc0524 View Post
    I got the Royal Blue Woven Nylon band for my 38mm watch
    Ah, found it! Very nice.

    I get my eBay bands tomorrow. I hope my Apple bands don't look down on them.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone ales have this problem??
    By loveseyecandy in forum iPhone 6 Plus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2016, 03:49 AM
  2. Siri does not hear me and none of my voice apps work.
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 12:34 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 11:14 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 11:03 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions