Crappy Resale

NatShar5

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
interesting. being an apple product. I checked and thought the resale values would be higher. I don't own one i just think this is interesting coming from an avid ebay buyer and seller

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
interesting. being an apple product. I checked and thought the resale values would be higher. I don't own one i just think this is interesting coming from an avid ebay buyer and seller

I think the initial price might be a touch high, which could explain the lower resale. Just a hunch.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
After reading all the comments in the thread, I appreciate everyone's thoughts btw, I'm not so worried about it anymore. I love my SBSS watch and when the new one comes I may sell my old watch to offset the new or I'll just save up and give this current one to my mom.

The watch IMO is still a pretty new category and will settle into its own here and I'm just excited to be along for the ride.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I was very surprised at the resale value of the SS models. Thought they would go higher on resale. I find the sports models sell better on eBay. Guess it's the higher price point of the SS.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was very surprised at the resale value of the SS models. Thought they would go higher on resale. I find the sports models sell better on eBay. Guess it's the higher price point of the SS.

Probably. I'm sure they sell multiples over on Sport vs SS. Considering they do the same thing, $200 is a big difference.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm so disappointed. I just sold my Apple Watch stainless steel 38mm with 7 bands and many months of apple care for $400. All my Apple products have had such good resale on eBay. This one is a bummer. I think next time around I'm going to opt for the sport. The Ss is not worth it. Sorry I upgraded to the SS 42mm.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm so disappointed. I just sold my Apple Watch stainless steel 38mm with 7 bands and many months of apple care for $400. All my Apple products have had such good resale on eBay. This one is a bummer. I think next time around I'm going to opt for the sport. The Ss is not worth it. Sorry I upgraded to the SS 42mm.

Not worth it if you're going to resell it. Totally worth it to me to wear it every day

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

That's what I'm saying it sucks monkey balls!

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Why did you sell for such a low price?

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I put it up on auction on eBay. I have always gotten good resale on my Apple Products. It had so many views and watchers but in the end people would only bid so high. Before that I had listed it as a buy now at a decent price and had no bites.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I think the problem is the initial price point of the SS is so high that people expect a better deal on resale. The sport price point is more reasonable so on resale people feel like they are getting a deal. It is going to be interesting to see the pricing and models of watch2. People seem to be bitting more for the sport now that they reduced the price. Consumers don't seem to want to pay more than 300's for a watch that will get outdated rather quickly.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I also believe when sellers put a reserve price will make some peeps not want to bid. I know I never bud on reserved priced auctions.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I also believe when sellers put a reserve price will make some peeps not want to bid. I know I never bud on reserved priced auctions.

Yeah but if you don't set a reserve then you'd be selling your item for way less than you want. Unless eBay has relaxed their rules you have to sell the item for the winning bid, right?

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I didn't my the Apple watch to sell it, I bought it to wear and its fullfilling its mission wonderfully. It's not a perfect device, but I do enjoy the features it has. I purposely bought the sports model, given the price point, and what it offers. To that end, I'm not expecting a lot in return when I do sell it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro