Social Fitness Competition

danwanna

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have a recommendation for an application or service that will allow me to complete with my wife and friends for completion of fitness (step, calorie, etc.) goals? As a former Fitbit and Jabbone user, I really miss being able to challenge people.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Watch app or the health app on your iPhones (if applicable) will allow the both of you to see your step totals. You check hers and she checks yours. Simple!

danwanna

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
This really isn't a solution for a few reasons:

1. It requires us to swap which isn't always practical. I travel a lot for work, and many days do not have access to each other's devices. I haven't seen any way to share other than sending a snapshot.

2. A big benefit of the true social apps is the reinforcement you get during the day as you see your competitor's totals increasing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This really isn't a solution for a few reasons:

1. It requires us to swap which isn't always practical. I travel a lot for work, and many days do not have access to each other's devices. I haven't seen any way to share other than sending a snapshot.

2. A big benefit of the true social apps is the reinforcement you get during the day as you see your competitor's totals increasing.

What I posted is a solution. It's just not one you like. There's a difference. Anyway, I hope the app associated with the link above is sufficient for you. Take care...

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea I miss the social aspects offered by Fitbit. Apple definitely lags behind there ... but they haven't been in this market as long. I bet they'll intro it soonish.

by1333

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I use activity.club. The admins are great and it's a small enough group for now. I believe it has a wide range of supported devices.
To add.
You follow folks and as they are active throughout the day, you rank against them. I follow many folks. You can follow if you join. Name: by1333

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea I miss the social aspects offered by Fitbit. Apple definitely lags behind there ... but they haven't been in this market as long. I bet they'll intro it soonish.

Part of the reason I got another Fitbit (had already given mine away) to use with the Apple Watch. Surprised they haven't gotten this yet. Maybe with 3.0.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
My solution to this was to install the Fitbit app on my iPhone. The app doesn't require that you own a Fitbit. If you don't, it just uses the iPhone's pedometer. It allows me to participate in Fitbit tracking and challenges with others and the only downside is that you do have to always have the phone with you. Since I run with both AW and iPhone, it's not a problem.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Posted the same time as Sam so didn't see his reply. Sam, does Sync Solver sync with the Apple Watch or with the iPhone?

SamNatale

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
It syncs (some data) from the health app. I actually don't have the watch yet, I'm waiting for the 2. But when I get it I still want to compete with my Fitbit friends, so I'm doing research now. There may be better apps available.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There's a Sync Solver app that will post your steps to Fitbit. So you can still compete with your Fitbit and apple friends.

I don't think it allows participation in challenges with data you sync... But I'm sure it will at least allow you to pull in steps.

I do use the app to get data from just my phone too. Called "MobileTrack".