I will buy Apple Watch ONLY if

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Not likely to happen. The connection between the watch and iPhone isn't as simple as a Bluetooth connection between, for example, a Pebble watch and an iPhone/Android. My phone behaves differently when my watch is connected. It knows to push notifications through to my watch and keep quiet so I'm not getting duplicate notifications, and how to do it so I can use my watch to interact based on the notification or the app. They talk to each other to decide who handles a command. Connecting to an Android wouldn't produce the same result.

I figured. I really want a smartwatch but don't know what to get honestly. Apple watch is pretty ugly :(

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I sold mine – I had it since launch last year – but I'd buy a 2nd get with GPS and an alway-on display. The Watch is unusable with these for my running purposes.

I'd sacrifice GPS and keep my Garmin for running if there was some sort of mechanism to consolidate activity data (e.g., steps, sleep) between the AW and Garmin. As it is now, I wear the Garmin 24/7 and all of my activity data feeds into Garmin Connect.

But an always-on display is a necessity for me.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Why is it necessary for your display to be on when you're not looking at it? That's like leaving your TV on when you're not home.
Moreover, it would obliterate its battery life.

Pebble is always-on, but the e-ink display uses nothing except when it refreshes. I'm not sure all the things people need/want from their Apple Watch would be served by an e-ink display though!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Pebble is always-on, but the e-ink display uses nothing except when it refreshes. I'm not sure all the things people need/want from their Apple Watch would be served by an e-ink display though!

I absolutely would not be happy with an e-ink display on an Apple Watch. Go ahead and shut the display off when I'm not looking at it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a first generation Black Pebble smart watch and I still wear it almost everyday, but it's time to upgrade, so I will be getting the second generation Apple Watch no matter what it comes with or what it doesn't come with. It will still be an upgrade from my current smartwatch

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a first generation Black Pebble smart watch and I still wear it almost everyday, but it's time to upgrade, so I will be getting the second generation Apple Watch no matter what it comes with or what it doesn't come with. It will still be an upgrade from my current smartwatch

So much nicer than the 1st gen Pebble! But you knew that

clickitykeys

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I wish I could rely on the Apple Watch for an alarm, but the vibration isn't strong enough and the sound isn't loud enough. Before the Apple Watch, I wore an original Pebble, and it's alarm vibrate has never failed me. I still wear the Pebble to bed as a silent alarm, to not wake up my girlfriend. I never connect it any more, just use it without Bluetooth for a local watch.

Agree that Pebble has a robust vibrate alarm. How long does your Pebble last without a Bluetooth connection to the phone? I tested this on mine once, and the thing lasted 13 days before running out of battery! All that time, I was still using the sleep tracker, step counter, and basic calendar functions.

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I didn't find the Activate On Wrist Raise reliable enough for my use. Also, it's not workable while running or strength training. Once I started using my Garmin as a daily wear watch, I found the AW frustrating to use. But I'd definitely give v2 a look if they can improve the display options.

ablaiapple

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
My wish feature/improvement in the future Apple Watch:
1. Longer battery life: at least 7 days standby time.
2. GPS: to keep track my running distance and pace. This feature will give the watch less dependence to iPhone.
3. 10 meters water resistance.
4. Wireless charging

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW