First impression of apple watch.

RichardJTesla

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
So I love it. I don't need my smart watch to do much. It does voice response, I can read and respond to my messages, even view pictures. I haven't used it for a phone call yet. It's stylish too which I like.

Tell me your favorite feature. Also does it allow for a Bluetooth headset to be paired directly to it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up a 42 mm AWS Gold with Midnight Blue Band.

Love it as a watch. Everything else is extra. Thought a lot about buying one or not, but eventually I gave in. Was thinking about a Space Gray option, but this one struck gold (pun intended). Also, was released just a couple of weeks ago in my country (Portugal).

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So I love it. I don't need my smart watxh to do much. It's does voice response, I can't read and respond to my messages, even view pictures. I haven't used it for a phone call yet. It's selfish too which I like.

Tell me your favorite feature. Also does it allow for a Bluetooth headset to be paired directly to it?

Thanks!

Glad you're enjoying your Apple Watch! I've always told people that I didn't feel like I needed an Apple Watch before I got one but now I can't live without it.
My favorite feature is push notifications. I can't always check my phone but i always get my Watch notifications.
By the way, Bluetooth headsets cannot be connected directly to Apple Watch.

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying your Apple Watch! I've always told people that I didn't feel like I needed an Apple Watch before I got one but now I can't live without it.
My favorite feature is push notifications. I can't always check my phone but i always get my Watch notifications.
By the way, Bluetooth headsets cannot be connected directly to Apple Watch.
Yes they can. I connect mine to it almost every day at the gym. Store my workout play list on the watch, leave my phone in my locker and play music through the headphones directly through the watch. Answer calls / texts / emails as well over wifi.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes they can. I connect mine to it almost every day at the gym. Store my workout play list on the watch, leave my phone in my locker and play music through the headphones directly through the watch. Answer calls / texts / emails as well over wifi.

I stand corrected. I always assumed it still went through the iPhone. Thank you!
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204218

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a 42 mm AWS Gold with Midnight Blue Band.

Love it as a watch. Everything else is extra. Thought a lot about buying one or not, but eventually I gave in. Was thinking about a Space Gray option, but this one struck gold (pun intended). Also, was released just a couple of weeks ago in my country (Portugal).

I have the gold AWS with the midnight blue band too. I far prefer it over any other colour of the Watch. I was going to get the Stainless Steel one but I just didn't like the look of it. The gold AWS matches my iPhone nd MacBook perfectly. Love it!

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
When the Apple Watch first came out last Spring, I thought it was silly and what on earth would you want one for!! Then in September I saw the keynote speech from Apple and was definitely intrigued. I did my research online and read everything I could find on the Watch. I was hooked :) Went to the Apple Store to try one on and bought it on the spot. I have added 6 more bands too. I LOVE everything about it. I use it for texting, notifications and quick glances at the weather, etc. I have answered a couple of phone calls on it too, but only because I was alone and it was handy. Not something you'd want to do in public. I also like changing the face to coincide with my band color/mood/holiday or whatever! So, congrats on your new watch.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everyone else in this thread, love this thing and the apps just keep getting better and more useful. Check out my post in the app section on HeartWatch, amazing app.

RichardJTesla

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

How much can be store on there?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, when the Apple Watch was announced I really didn't think it was something I would find useful or help me in any way. Over the last 9 months or so, I have read various reviews with opinions all over the place. Very few had anything bad to say about the physical watch itself. The opinions varied as to the usefulness of the watch. Even going to the store and playing with the watch didn't sell me on it, unlike the iPhone, iPad and MacBook.

All that being said, I have almost completed two full days with my space gray Apple Watch Sport. I am not sure what it would take for me to give it back, but I don't want to think about it. The watch is very comfortable to wear and looks great. I can't wait to get some bands to change it up a little from the black sport band. The big deal for me is that I have already cut down on the amount of time that my iPhone is in my hand. When I get a message or notification, I quickly act on it on the watch and go back to what I was doing. Maybe that's how some people do things on their phone. Not me, I find myself responding to a message, then opening FaceBook, Instagram, Snapchat, checking my stocks, weather, etc... Maybe it is only a few minutes, but those add up. So far that is the biggest impact the AW has had on my day. Better use of time. I have not used the fitness related functions much other than tracking steps and standing. I had the flu pretty bad over the weekend and have not returned to working out yet, so I look forward to utilizing those functions in the next day or so.

I don't even have the watch set up all the way and have barely scratched the surface with apps, but I can't imagine not wearing it. For me, the Apple Watch fits into my life. It may not be for everyone. It may not be for most people yet, but I think the potential is there for that to change. A lot of people didn't think that they wanted an iPhone at one point either. We all know how that turned out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234