When and how often do you charge your Apple Watch?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious when you charge your AW and how often you need to do it. I've read some folks use it for sleep tracking, but given the relatively short battery life, when are you charging it?

I've just been using my Fitbit for sleep tracking and letting my AW charge overnight.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I wear mine all day and charge it on a charging dock all night. Works great for me. I sleep like a bear so no reason for my watch to tell me that :)

Richardio

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
must admit the idea of wearing a watch that you have to recharge every night is ridiculous. I find it annoying enough to have to charge the phone every night. Luckily I used a samsung with a removable back cover - I've used an anker extra long life battery. Which gives me 2 days of use inbetween charging. Having to charge the watch every day would just be too much.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I get two full days on a charge. I researched before I bought the watch so wasn't expecting a normal watch.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
must admit the idea of wearing a watch that you have to recharge every night is ridiculous. I find it annoying enough to have to charge the phone every night. Luckily I used a samsung with a removable back cover - I've used an anker extra long life battery. Which gives me 2 days of use inbetween charging. Having to charge the watch every day would just be too much.

I don't find it any more work to take my Apple Watch off and rest it on its magnetic charging dock than I do taking off a regular watch and resting it on my dresser. The value I get from wearing my Apple Watch all day long more than makes up for the extra 8 inches my arm has to travel to put it on its charger.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't find it any more work to take my Apple Watch off and rest it on its magnetic charging dock than I do taking off a regular watch and resting it on my dresser. The value I get from wearing my Apple Watch all day long more than makes up for the extra 8 inches my arm has to travel to put it on its charger.

lol, well put.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Exactly!

AS328

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I take mine off every night, but only charge it every other night. On the night I'm not charging it, I shut it completely off. No reason for it to be on when a.) I'm sleeping and b.) when I'm not wearing it either.

To each his/her own though

Richardio

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

Wait for the lipo/liio battery to degrade and it will be much worse.

dezee38

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

Thank you! Reading my mind.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My watch rarely sees any battery level under 40%. Its lithium ion battery should retain 80% capacity for 1,000 full charge cycles. I'll be just fine.

Mine has been off the charger since 830am. Right now it is at 34% after almost 13 hours. I'll be in bed in the next hour or two. The thing I haven't tried yet is to do my workout in the morning and then see if it'll last the rest of the day. My workouts are usually 60-90 minutes long and my battery usually goes from 100% to 79-83% during the workout. Not sure if that's normal or not, but I usually put it on the charger while I'm showering and getting ready for work and put it back on before I walk out the door.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234