Should I wait to get the new Watch or get the current version now?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
When I heard that, I kind of think that they are preparing themselves for a Watch 2 release, that's the only thing that a price drop could mean.

Or competing with competition from Fitbit with a lower price point. They didn't lower them all just the "entry level" Sport.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Decided to sleep on it and lost out on the deal. Oh well, I'll wait for the next one!

Bummer! There are plenty of good deals out there. Keep an eye out for a good sale and you can probably get a brand new one for $250.

kgizhang

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have any reliable articles on a 2016 iWatch 2? My wife and I are holding out right now, but if it's true that there will not be a new one, I'd rather not wait.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
The only person with "reliable" information about AW2 would have to be an employee of Apple or a supplier. I don't they're talking to the press.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any reliable articles on a 2016 iWatch 2? My wife and I are holding out right now, but if it's true that there will not be a new one, I'd rather not wait.

All speculation. There was thought we could see an update this past week. If you want it go ahead and get it. You'll always be waiting.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
All speculation. There was thought we could see an update this past week. If you want it go ahead and get it. You'll always be waiting.

Mark Gurman from 9 to 5 Mac said a couple of months back there would be no updated watch this spring. If he says so, you better believe it. He ended all speculation a ways back.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I got my first Watch out of the gate, and despite it's limitations, have not been a bit disappointed. I did the right thing.

Then there were the Best Buy and Target sales. Buy now or wait for v2. Hm. For me there is no watch to rule them all. I might want v2 I might not. Assuming I want v2 (a good bet) that doesn't mean the others are obsolete.

So I bought, and didn't care if there was a new Watch coming. As it turned out, none as of yet, and that's OK by me.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I got my first Watch out of the gate, and despite it's limitations, have not been a bit disappointed. I did the right thing.

Then there were the Best Buy and Target sales. Buy now or wait for v2. Hm. For me there is no watch to rule them all. I might want v2 I might not. Assuming I want v2 (a good bet) that doesn't mean the others are obsolete.

So I bought, and didn't care if there was a new Watch coming. As it turned out, none as of yet, and that's OK by me.

I also just received my  watch about 2 wks ago. Early bday gift from the hubby. Sure, I could've waited to see if V2 was coming out, but I really wanted one to enjoy now. I'm very happy he got it for me now, I love it and I enjoy using it very much !

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
but I really wanted one to enjoy now

YES! Anticipation may be great in some things, but I want gratification and Apple Goodness now!

I had a Pebble, and it was almost fun for the first week, then I took it off and waited for the Watch. I'm still lovin' it (them) today!

(And I just ordered three more bands!)

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I was planning to wait for rev 2 of the Apple Watch but a local retailer was running an insane deal where I walked out with a brand new Space Gray 42mm Apple Watch Sport for $180. 😊

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR