Should I wait to get the new Watch or get the current version now?

psu12616

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Wait. I got the Apple Watch just a couple months ago and it's basically a bust. The watch doesn't really do anything other than serve as a notification Center on your wrist. The apps available do not do much. If I had to do it all over again I would not buy the Apple Watch.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Wait. I got the Apple Watch just a couple months ago and it's basically a bust. The watch doesn't really do anything other than serve as a notification Center on your wrist. The apps available do not do much. If I had to do it all over again I would not buy the Apple Watch.

Sad to hear that it didn't work out for you.

The Apple Watch has a lot of potential and it's only a first gen product.

I find it more as a productivity tool.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Why didn't you return it?

UniQphoTos

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch

yes. my apple watch sport screen was annoyingly scratched up after 3 months. look at your phone screen: if it is scratched your watch will be too. i sold mine and bought a stainless steel apple watch with sapphire screen about a month ago, the steel has a few scratches but the screen is flawless. and you can buff out the scratches on the steel, not on the aluminum

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I've had one for about a month now and I'm very happy with it. I got the Sport 42mm Space Gray. Battery life is great and I don't see any scratches or scuffs yet. I hated the silicone band after less than a week. I got the Apple Leather Loop as a replacement and it's way more comfortable.

I don't know what else can be improved in the next version of the Apple Watch, but right now I'm not clamoring for any improvements and will still enjoy mine even if a new version comes out in March. The only thing I would like to see in future versions is a 46 or 50mm watch size for people who like their watches on the larger side.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It is!

Which one are you rocking?

And thanks :)

Stainless steel :) I had the SGS like you but really wanted the stainless and exchanged it. In the store I thought it was too shiny, but I kept thinking about it and after a week of that (which can be exhausting) I brought it in, made the swap, and haven't looked back. I do think the SGS looks real sharp, but I had my mind set on the SS when I went in and thought I'd save a few $ by going with the sport. But it wasn't what I wanted and I knew I had to change it while I was in the exchange period. There's medication for that sort of thing, so I'm told ;)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch

yes. my apple watch sport screen was annoyingly scratched up after 3 months. look at your phone screen: if it is scratched your watch will be too. i sold mine and bought a stainless steel apple watch with sapphire screen about a month ago, the steel has a few scratches but the screen is flawless. and you can buff out the scratches on the steel, not on the aluminum

That's why I installed a screen protector to prevent scratches in the long run :p

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Stainless steel :) I had the SGS like you but really wanted the stainless and exchanged it. In the store I thought it was too shiny, but I kept thinking about it and after a week of that (which can be exhausting) I brought it in, made the swap, and haven't looked back. I do think the SGS looks real sharp, but I had my mind set on the SS when I went in and thought I'd save a few $ by going with the sport. But it wasn't what I wanted and I knew I had to change it while I was in the exchange period. There's medication for that sort of thing, so I'm told ;)

Hahaha!

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your SS!

The Space Black is gorgeous.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've had one for about a month now and I'm very happy with it. I got the Sport 42mm Space Gray. Battery life is great and I don't see any scratches or scuffs yet. I hated the silicone band after less than a week. I got the Apple Leather Loop as a replacement and it's way more comfortable.

I don't know what else can be improved in the next version of the Apple Watch, but right now I'm not clamoring for any improvements and will still enjoy mine even if a new version comes out in March. The only thing I would like to see in future versions is a 46 or 50mm watch size for people who like their watches on the larger side.

It's good to hear that!

I was planning to get the leather loop as well, still considering whether the price is worth it.

I might wait until March and see what new bands they release.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hahaha!

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your SS!

The Space Black is gorgeous.

I have the Stainless version - even though I got the space gray sport, I preferred that and the more silvery style of the stainless as it seems compatible with more colors of the bands. Personally didn't prefer the look of the silver aluminum in the Sport.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the Stainless version - even though I got the space gray sport, I preferred that and the more silvery style of the stainless as it seems compatible with more colors of the bands. Personally didn't prefer the look of the silver aluminum in the Sport.

Agreed, I'm not a big fan of the silver aluminum.

The SG, RG and Gold is

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually not a fan of the sports series, hence bought SS. But the Edition series on the other hand, is plain ridiculously expensive!

I'll be saving up for the Space Black SS next time around :p

They are expensive! I'd rather get a $10k Rolex or Cartier watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice