Should I wait to get the new Watch or get the current version now?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ended up getting a better deal than that! I got a open box and literally it was untouched all the little wrappers were still on everything and I checked the serial number it had never been activated at all.

Nice! Even better :) Maybe it was a gift of a certain size and they instantly realized it was too big/small.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the $99 off tip. I just purchased mine about a week ago full price. I will go back to bb to receive my $99 back.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I was considering waiting for the next version but I couldn't hold off. I bought the sport in space grey with the black band. Some guy was selling it brand new never opened on Ebay for $300 - free shipping. I effing love this thing. The OLED is beautiful, the sport band is so comfortable (especially compared to the leather band on the Moto 360 2nd gen that I was wearing before), the notifications work wonderfully and overall it's just a great experience.

You mentioned notifications--as far as I'm concerned there is no comparison between the Apple watch and any Android wear when it comes to notifications. AW just annoys the heck out of me, the constant swiping or flicking of notifications from Google Now was just too much and poorly implemented. AW hasn't been updated since November of last year. I expected better froom Google.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned notifications--as far as I'm concerned there is no comparison between the Apple watch and any Android wear when it comes to notifications. AW just annoys the heck out of me, the constant swiping or flicking of notifications from Google Now was just too much and poorly implemented. AW hasn't been updated since November of last year. I expected better froom Google.

I was genuinely thinking of switching to Android Wear and the Nexus 6P but after watching two video reviews for a Moto 360 and Huawei watch I knew I wouldn't like it after seeing all the swiping you have to do in AW. Plus my Watch is too sexy!!

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
There will always be bigger, better, faster, etc. If you want it, get it and try to keep it in decent condition. If a new one comes out sell the old, buy the new. I tried to talk myself out of it from the keynote until Christmas. My wife gave me mine and said "You talked about it because you really wanted it, now shut up and enjoy"

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
There will always be bigger, better, faster, etc. If you want it, get it and try to keep it in decent condition. If a new one comes out sell the old, buy the new. I tried to talk myself out of it from the keynote until Christmas. My wife gave me mine and said "You talked about it because you really wanted it, now shut up and enjoy"

Nyaww!!